This morning started out badly. I was trying to get Asher and myself out the door and ended up taking a tumble down the garage stairs. I missed about 3 steps and landed on my ankle, HARD. Fortunately, I didn't fall forward and fell on my butt instead, but the pain in my ankle was instant. I still got us in the car, but once I reached my destination and attempted to gingerly walk on my foot, I discovered that there was just no way it was going to happen. I even tried twice more just to make sure. I drove back home and barely made it into the house. The whole time, I was feeling so mad at myself for being so klutzy and for now being in pain and barely able to function. I was relieved, however, to note that the baby was moving around fine, and I felt completely okay in that respect.
After talking to Eric on the phone, I decided to go to Urgent Care to get my ankle checked out (and Eric met me there). Fortunately, the doctor thought it was just a bad sprain and encouraged me to get an air cast (it's really just a certain type of brace) that would help me recover faster, and I was told to stay off of it for 48 hours. Having Eric home was so nice so that I could put my foot up, and he could tend to all of Asher's needs.
I did have my 3D ultrasound scheduled for this afternoon, and there was no way I was going to miss that opportunity, so I hobbled over there, and I'm so glad I did!
We confirmed that yes, we are definitely having a girl (hooray!), and it was so amazing to see this baby move around and get a little idea of what she looks like. She wanted to stay hidden for a lot of it, but we did manage some peeks at her face, too.
The 3D doesn't show hair, but on the regular sonogram, the tech said that it looked like she already has a lot of hair! She also enjoys stuffing her fingers in her mouth. Thumbsucker perhaps?
And here's a leg and foot:
And look at these long fingers!
So even though this day started out rough it ended on the perfect note. It's hard to believe that there's a fully formed baby in my belly who will be here before we know it. Can't wait to meet her!
I did have my 3D ultrasound scheduled for this afternoon, and there was no way I was going to miss that opportunity, so I hobbled over there, and I'm so glad I did!
We confirmed that yes, we are definitely having a girl (hooray!), and it was so amazing to see this baby move around and get a little idea of what she looks like. She wanted to stay hidden for a lot of it, but we did manage some peeks at her face, too.

The 3D doesn't show hair, but on the regular sonogram, the tech said that it looked like she already has a lot of hair! She also enjoys stuffing her fingers in her mouth. Thumbsucker perhaps?
And here's a leg and foot:
And look at these long fingers!
So even though this day started out rough it ended on the perfect note. It's hard to believe that there's a fully formed baby in my belly who will be here before we know it. Can't wait to meet her!
2 comments:
Oh NO! You poor thing, that is one of the hardest things about the 3rd trimester (the clumsiness). Your body just isn't used to the re-distribution of weight! :)
I cannot believe it is going by so fast! (easy for me to say, huh!) These 3D pics are amazing!! I love the thumbsucking one!!!
I'm glad you still made it to your 3D! It's nice that you had that to put your mind at ease that your little girl is okay! Rest up and feel better soon.
Post a Comment