Thursday, November 19, 2009

My Little Man

My Dearest Asher,

I love you more than words can express. I love you even when you throw a Transformer at my head or spit on your hand and then wipe it on me, and even when you dump my glass of orange juice on the carpet. I love you even when you spread every single toy you own throughout the house and refuse to put them away, and even when you repeat a request a hundred million times and I ask you to wait just a minute.

I love you even when you decide that you're finished eating and dump your remaining food on the floor when I'm not looking. I love you even when it takes 20 minutes to get you dressed and ready because you fight me every step of the way.

I love cuddling with you every night and waking up to your super sweet smile. I love that you give me a good morning hug and kiss, and then you kiss my stomach and say, "Morning!" to the baby in my belly. I love that I can leave you with someone that you trust, and you are happy to play with them the entire time and be okay without me. That makes me happier than you'll ever know.
I love that you love your daddy so much, and when you hear the garage door in the evening, you yell, "Daddy!" with such enthusiasm and run to greet him after his long day of work. I know that's one of the favorite parts of his day.

I love how have pretend conversations on the phone with your grandparents and uncles because you love talking to them on the phone all the time. It's so cute how similar all the phone calls are, too:
"Chris? Hey! Yeah. Yeah. Alright. Okay. Bye bye!"

I love how your vocabulary has been growing by leaps and bounds, and you are really getting effective at expressing yourself. I can see how happy it makes you that we understand your wants and needs so much better (and just because you can say the word "sucker" and "cookie" doesn't mean you always get one...). I love how you have finally ended your several month long anti-book phase and once again enjoy me reading books to you...and now you even point stuff out and repeat stuff back to me. I love it!
I love your infectious laugh and that you looooove being tickled or having me scare you by jumping out of a hiding spot. You and I have a very similar sense of humor, and it cracks me up.

Asher, you are so wonderful in every way, and your daddy and I love you and adore you so incredibly much. Thank you for being you.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Love this post. You are a great writer Lea!