This pregnancy is really flying by for me. As you can see, I am carrying fairly high, and sometimes I feel like I'm suffocating if I am slouching while I'm sitting. So I guess that helps me have good posture! :) Overall, I am feeling really good! Occasional headaches and migraines but nothing major. I feel very blessed to be having a great, pretty easy pregnancy (this is my post-1st trimester self talking!). I've been feeling the baby moving around for a few weeks now, but I am definitely starting to feel the movement with more regularity than before. I was told at my last sonogram that my placenta is in front of the baby instead of behind, which can prevent you from feeling some movement at times, but I think that as this little bean is growing, that is less and less a factor!
I saw my midwife last week, and everything looked great. I gained 7 pounds in a month! That really shocked me. The good news, however, was that that's the only true weight I've gained thus far! I had lost 6 pounds initially, gained them back, and then gained another 7 pounds on top of that. So, I guess technically I've gained 13 but am only 7 pounds over my starting weight. It's awesome that those first few months of misery are now paying off! If only I can keep it up! I only gained about 22 pounds with Asher, which was fantastic. I'm not going to count on being as lucky this time around, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I wasn't a little hopeful to be close to that!And I also have to say that being pregnant over the holidays is, quite frankly, AWESOME! I have been looking forward to Thanksgiving for quite a while. We haven't spent this particular holiday with our families in two years, and I am so excited to hang out with them and also, most importantly, eat my mom's super yummy food! In case you haven't heard, I really love food and am looking forward to indulging myself! Well, and of course the other major excitement of the holiday is sharing the news with them of what we're having! I definitely can't wait for that! I'll be posting that news on here as well on Thursday afternoon, so be sure to check back!
2 comments:
You are doing awesome. I seriously still have a belly the same size as yours at almost 8 weeks post baby!
You look beautiful! Are you finding you're growing faster with this one? Glad to hear how great you're feeling, and can't wait to hear what you're having!!! Have a wonderful thanksgiving. What a fun way to share the news!
Post a Comment