Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Big Reveal

After weeks and weeks of waiting, I am so pleased and excited to announce that we are having a.....
GIRL!

That's right, a little baby girl! I was truly fine with having another little boy, but I have wanted a little girl for a long time, and to know that I will definitely have one thrills me to pieces!

The ultrasound tech saw her girl parts right away on the sonogram and later came back and confirmed it for us once again and said that there were no boy parts in sight. And then she told us that we were in for some interesting times because, as you can see above, this little girl has her hand on her forehead in a dramatic gesture...that's right, folks. There's drama in utero already! We are in TROUBLE! Or, as my mom says, "Payback!"

It is so fun to be able to look at girl clothes and think about the girly things we'll be able to do together! And I know that Asher will love having a little sister.

So there you have it. Thanks for all your patience, and I hope it was worth the wait!

Also, Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Jen said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! I am so very happy for you and your family!! Either way, it is a blessing, but I am so excited that you get to be a mommy to a little boy AND a little girl!
And I will say, for the record, that I was 100% incorrect. I thought when you were moving Asher's room out and making his room into the new nursery that it was definitely another boy! Oh well, my detective skills aren't so good! :)
Congrats!!

katina said...

Awesome. Congrats.

The Maples said...

YAY!!! That's so great and I'm so excited for you! I actually guessed right for once! =) Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Meg said...

Asher's go so much practice with girls from Nevie, he'll have it perfected by the time she gets here. Congrats. :)

Alison said...

Congratulations! Asher is such a lover I am very curious what your girl will be like. Tom-boy? Or snugly like Asher? Either way I know FOR SURE he's going to be a great big brother!