From the moment you entered this world, you have brought me unspeakable joy. Your daddy and I love you more than any words can ever explain. It's been quite a year. You have lived through horrific eczema and food allergies. I remember back when it was at its worst, and you would cry in frustration and pain as your whole body itched you and bothered you more than we can ever imagine. And I would often cry with you. We ached for you; we would have done anything in our power to take your pain away. We saw doctor after doctor after naturopath after homeopath, and finally, a year later, we are seeing a significant difference. I know your skin is not perfect yet and still causes you discomfort, but we are thrilled at your progress and know it will only continue to improve from here.
And still, despite it all, you have always remained a sweet, loving baby boy. You give the best, most slobbery kisses in the world (that lately also have quite a suction to them!). You are such a cuddle bug and a smiley boy! We love watching you as you get older and explore the world around you. It's so much fun to watch you crawling and also cruising along anything you can get your hands on. We know walking is right around the corner. We so enjoy seeing you really start to understand the world around you, and I love it when you and I have those special moments when we crack each other up and just can't stop laughing. We just delight in all that you do and all that you are.
I love being with you more than anything else in the world, and I am so blessed to be your mom.
Happy Birthday, Asher!
And still, despite it all, you have always remained a sweet, loving baby boy. You give the best, most slobbery kisses in the world (that lately also have quite a suction to them!). You are such a cuddle bug and a smiley boy! We love watching you as you get older and explore the world around you. It's so much fun to watch you crawling and also cruising along anything you can get your hands on. We know walking is right around the corner. We so enjoy seeing you really start to understand the world around you, and I love it when you and I have those special moments when we crack each other up and just can't stop laughing. We just delight in all that you do and all that you are.
I love being with you more than anything else in the world, and I am so blessed to be your mom.
Happy Birthday, Asher!

5 comments:
please tell me told the blog to publish this around midnight and that you weren't actually still awake at midnight...
Very lovely slideshow. Happy Birthday Asher!
Happy Birthday Asher!
As Mommy gets more and more skinny Asher gets bigger and bigger in these photos, what's up with that!
Happy Birthday to all of you (even if I am a day late!)! You've had quite a year!!
Love the slideshow and the letter. How beautiful! :)
Post a Comment