Friday, August 8, 2008

Short But Sweet

During naptime, the most important question is, "What shall I pick to do with this limited, unknown amount of time?" Shall it be blogging, surfing the net, laundry, cleaning, dishes, reading, watching TV, eating? (By the way, if it's lunchtime, eating is always the answer! Yes, I am ruled by food, always have been, always will be. Thank you very much). It's always so hard to choose because I want to get everything done, but I also relax and have some rare "me" time. Somedays I am lucky to get most or all of my to do list done. Other days, especially if I am into a good book, might be completely unproductive but pleasurable nonetheless.

You are fortunate today that I am tearing myself away from a book that I am especially engrossed in, to blog for you. Aren't you lucky? Don't say I never did anything for you! The book I am reading is no bestseller and has only been read by one person (that I know of!). I happened upon an old diary of mine. I started journaling at the age of 7 and have continued until the present. It's always fun (and usually embarrassing) to delve into my past and reminisce. The early diaries were, quite honestly, hard to read because they are rather boring. What does a 7-year-old really have to say? Not much it turns out. Mainly, "I hate my parents because insert reason here."

High school, extremely sadly, is equally boring. My high school crush was actor Val Kilmer (keep it to yourself, I don't want to hear about it), along with Matt Damon, and my journal is filled with me talking about them, along with notes about hanging out with my friends and other equally dull activities. Not that I didn't have fun with my girlfriends, but it really just doesn't make for a very interesting tale.

The action really heats up in Lea: The College Years. That is what I am currently reading. "I'm in love with this boy....I was doing this crazy stuff....now I'm in love with this boy...." Yes, this much more enjoyable to read because I actually had a life! What a concept. I was always a sucker for a good love story anyway.

But before I stumbled upon old diaries, we had some interesting stuff happen in the present. My dad and my youngest brother, Francisco, happened to be in Colorado and drove down to spend a couple days with us. Asher was in excellent spirits the whole time, and I was thrilled with having Nanny Grandpa here! I just wish they could have stayed longer!


Grandpa reading Asher a story.


Uncle Francisco and Asher having a pow wow.


The fam.


He just loves chewing on a straw!


Hanging out.

2 comments:

Alison said...

The key word during nap time is prioritize. Sometimes relaxing is the top priority!

Jennifer said...

Is it bad that relaxing usually ends up winning at my house during nap time?????? Oh and a shower that really is top on my list because I can't have a relaxing shower when a kidlet is on the prowl.