Lately, sitting down to blog has become such a challenge for me. The only time I have to do it is in the evenings, and when the kids finally go to bed and I finally have some time to myself, it's a choice between a) cleaning up and other chores, b) watching TV, c) reading a book, or d) blogging....well, obviously blogging usually falls to the bottom of my list! I do sometimes get some good ideas for posts, but then sitting down to execute them....also falls to the bottom of my list! However, this really bugs me because my personality won't allow me to let it go for too long, so I force myself to have something new up regularly, even if it's not my "best work" so to speak.
Another thing is that I suddenly have a bunch of new followers of my blog that I didn't used to have, and I have no idea where you people have come from! Lately, I have been gaining a new follower once or twice a week. No offense to you necessarily, but how did you even find my blog? Some of you look like other moms, which I love, but a bunch of them, I just have no idea about who they are. I appreciate you reading my blog I guess, but honestly I don't understand it, and when you also don't comment, I am left just wondering what the deal is. Unfortunately, I think some have become followers in order to leave spam comments (all of which have been deleted), although those comments are conveniently left anonymous, but if I feel like anyone is here for the wrong reasons, I won't hesitate to block them! If any of you would like to de-lurk and fill me in, I would appreciate it! And if you are another mom like me and are enjoying my blog, I'm glad you found me and thanks for reading!
With all that being said, my blog is mainly about my kids and being a mom, and I have a lot of pictures up of my children and my family, and honestly, all this has made me question where I go from here. I know my friend Jen has also struggled with the same issue of wondering about keeping her blog up when there are so many random people reading and looking at said pictures. I have always hoped and felt that I would continue with this blog for an inordinate amount of time because I enjoy doing it, but I have felt more hesitancy of late.
So that's what I've been thinking about lately. Feel free to chime in with your thoughts! :)
Another thing is that I suddenly have a bunch of new followers of my blog that I didn't used to have, and I have no idea where you people have come from! Lately, I have been gaining a new follower once or twice a week. No offense to you necessarily, but how did you even find my blog? Some of you look like other moms, which I love, but a bunch of them, I just have no idea about who they are. I appreciate you reading my blog I guess, but honestly I don't understand it, and when you also don't comment, I am left just wondering what the deal is. Unfortunately, I think some have become followers in order to leave spam comments (all of which have been deleted), although those comments are conveniently left anonymous, but if I feel like anyone is here for the wrong reasons, I won't hesitate to block them! If any of you would like to de-lurk and fill me in, I would appreciate it! And if you are another mom like me and are enjoying my blog, I'm glad you found me and thanks for reading!
With all that being said, my blog is mainly about my kids and being a mom, and I have a lot of pictures up of my children and my family, and honestly, all this has made me question where I go from here. I know my friend Jen has also struggled with the same issue of wondering about keeping her blog up when there are so many random people reading and looking at said pictures. I have always hoped and felt that I would continue with this blog for an inordinate amount of time because I enjoy doing it, but I have felt more hesitancy of late.
So that's what I've been thinking about lately. Feel free to chime in with your thoughts! :)
5 comments:
I've given this some thought. In general, my response is to just not post personal pictures; no bathtub shots or them playing in their undies, etc. While I have posted names and it's clear we're in Colorado, I don't feel like I've revealed anything too personal, so I'm not worried about someone reading it. But if it's really concerning you then it's spoiling the fun. You can just start to block people as you see fit, keeping the audience to those you know or understand. Sort of like pruning your friend's list.
One other possibility is that other people have linked to you on their own blogs or have your address on their favorites, opening you to other readers. I'm not sure if I did or not, but I'm happy to take it off if it concerns you. There are some extral people coming to my page lately and i don't know who it all is.
OR... you can do as I do and have a seperate kid blog and Lea blog.
But don't stop! I LOVE YOU! :) (or at least don't block me).
Hey, and when you comment on other pages, it shows your blog address, or at least it does on blogger pages. you can change that, too in your profile. :)
I don't mind being linked to at all, and I also link to people on my blog. It's just some of the specific people who have found my blog seem out of the norm of someone who would typically enjoy this sort of blog and that's what confuses me.
Hi, I'm new to blogging and have just started out. Am too a stay at home mum and found your page by clicking on 'next blog' at the top of the screen. Your kids are beautiful. If you don't mind I'd like to follow your blog as I love seeing what other stay at home mums get up to
Matilda - absolutely! I am so glad that you found my blog, and I hope you enjoy it. :)
Post a Comment