Ava's hair has been getting a little scraggly of late, and with the back getting pretty long with really wispy ends, she was also starting to sport a classic baby mullet. This meant that it was time for a little trim! Since I always cut Asher's hair myself with the clippers, this was my first time taking one of my kids somewhere to have someone else cut their hair. But I felt that was a safer bet than me attempting a scissor cut myself!
Here are the before pics:


I took her to the over-priced kiddie haircut shop. Even though it's expensive, what I loved is that they had a train table where Asher could play (which he loved, naturally), and they had a cute little car for Ava to sit in (and be strapped into) with a movie playing. Not that she really cared about the movie, but at least it was something fun to look at!
Ava was Miss Serious and gripped the steering wheel of that car SO tightly! She did a great job! She was getting squirrely toward the end, as is to be expected, but I couldn't believe how long she lasted, and she didn't cry at all.


And here's the final product! It is kinda short, but I'm hoping it will come in a little bit thicker, and she gets so hot and sweaty anyway, so it's good to have it off her neck.

We went to a store after her haircut, where an older man proceeded to call her a boy (despite her flowery pants!)....hopefully she doesn't look too boyish now, but at least it will grow back!
2 comments:
Anna had the same trouble. Just dress her up as pink as possible and let the oblivious people feel silly when you point it out. :)
And the totally short thing will definitely grow in quickly and much more neatly, or at least it did for Anna. No more baby mullet! :)
Old men never know the difference between boys and girls, regardless of outfits!
Post a Comment