Sunday, May 1, 2011

Update, Easter, and It's May Already?!

After careful thought and consideration, I think at this point, I am going to continue blogging. My last post was purposely ambiguous about certain things, so let me just clarify a bit. A blog is obviously for public consumption, and I wouldn't do a blog if I wasn't okay with people reading it, naturally. I love it when someone finds my blog either by linking through someone else's blog or because I know them myself, or because they just happen to stumble on it. In my few years of blogging, I've thoroughly enjoyed having my loyal readers, and it's brought me a lot closer to many people.

I'm just so used to having my handful of readers that when I suddenly had 19 followers, most of whom I don't know (and some of them are men with bizarre profiles, and usually my blog does not cater to the greater male population!), I was really surprised. The people I don't want to read my blog are those with ill intentions, obviously. However, I think that the majority of my readers are all wonderful, and I truly appreciate all of you, old and new! So I'm going to keep blogging as long as I feel good about it. I love keeping in touch with people this way, so here we go!
***
Last Sunday was Easter, and my first thought about that was that this was the first one in many years where we would be able to celebrate with our families, which I was really excited about. My second thought was that I couldn't wait to have a Pepsi! I gave up soda this year for Lent, something I haven't done in many years. I do love me some soda and drink more of it than I should, so I was looking forward to forcing myself to take a break from it in the name of Jesus. What's funny is that while I am horrible at giving up things for my own health, I have always been able to stick with a Lenten sacrifice or to avoid a million different foods while breastfeeding my allergic children. Go figure! But it felt really good to be without sugary drinks for 40 days, and it was actually surprisingly easy for the most part, and I am now trying to keep the amount curtailed and not revert back to old habits. We'll see how that goes.

I had bought Ava an Easter dress a while back, but then my mom also gave her the cutest dress for her birthday, so Ava pretended she was royalty for a day and wore two outfits! The first dress was worn to church, and here are the kiddos:And here is the second, fancier dress from my mom that she wore to the family gathering. It's Princess Ava! (Or should I call her the Duchess of the Desert?). You see the look on her face that says she is secretly plotting something? That is totally Ava - a sly, mischievous girl who charms you with her kisses but will then destroy your house in 2.5 seconds, hurricane style. Probably Duchess of Destruction would be more accurate!
And Asher wearing his Easter plaid:It was a great day filled with much delicious food and drinks!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Both the kids looked adorable! Our house closes on June 15th so we'll be back to visit if you'll be available for hanging out.

Alison said...

Love her Crocs too!