Asher continues to LOVE his sister. His first question in the morning is, "Is Ava awake?" And then he gets really excited when he sees her and proceeds to give her a million kisses. It is really so sweet how much he adores her (even if sometimes I have to pull him off of her while I'm trying to feed her!). He also loves to "share" his trains by putting a couple of them next to her. I wonder how he will feel about sharing once she actually shows an interest in his toys!He is so silly and sometimes just has us in stitches with his antics or the things he says. And by the way, he says a lot. It's hard to believe that less than a year ago, Asher hardly spoke. His speech has grown by leaps and bounds over the past several months.
I remember a long time ago thinking how I couldn't believe that parents would, in exasperation, wish for their kids to be silent because they drove them crazy by bugging them all the time. I was so anxious for Asher to become a big talker that I swore I would never think that. Well, now I understand completely what those parents were saying! But still, I love hearing him talk - he is so cute and sweet (most of the time!). And I absolutely die when he says, "I love you so much!"
I remember a long time ago thinking how I couldn't believe that parents would, in exasperation, wish for their kids to be silent because they drove them crazy by bugging them all the time. I was so anxious for Asher to become a big talker that I swore I would never think that. Well, now I understand completely what those parents were saying! But still, I love hearing him talk - he is so cute and sweet (most of the time!). And I absolutely die when he says, "I love you so much!"
Asher is still not showing any interest in potty training, and I haven't pushed him. I know he'll be ready in his own time, which I hope is this summer. Although I am completely and utterly dreading it I have to say. Even though having two kids in diapers is no fun, I have seen my friends go through potty training, and it is a ton of work and a big headache! But it has to be done at some point!Asher is still very much into Thomas and Friends. He has a ton of trains that he loves to play with (and it seems like every week he is requesting for us to go to Toys R Us or Target to buy him a new one). Elmo has fallen by the wayside, although he still has a small interest in him.
He still sometimes carries around the baby doll and will sometimes "feed" her and "burp" her when I am nursing Ava. So sweet!
Asher really is a delight to be around. I sometimes really miss the time that we had together with just the two of us, but I also see how much he enjoys having Ava here, so I hope that makes up a little for the fact that he doesn't get a ton of one-on-one time anymore. Although I still try to give him lots of cuddles and special time when I can. And Eric does a great job of this as well.It's hard to believe that Asher will be 3 in a few months. My "baby" seems so big now and so grown-up! And yet he still loves to snuggle with his mommy. I'll enjoy that as long as I can!
2 comments:
Potty training one while you're nursing another is a tough job. But as you said it will have to happen sometimes. Clearly Asher is a smart boy and he'll figure it out soon I'm sure!
I think you were smart to not try to push the potty training thing before Ava was born. That almost never works, at least with any staying power. If you need any advice or potty training tips, let me know. If there's one thing I'm liberal with, it's advice! :) Really though, waiting until their ready is really the only way to go. You will never win the battle of belly, bowels or bladder. Those are the three things of which they have total control. We just need to learn to make them want to do it. Good luck! :)
Post a Comment