This past weekend, my brother, Chris, and his wife, Nikki, came out to visit us for a few days. We were excited to spend time with them and have them meet Ava and also because they were to be Ava's godparents. We decided to have her baptized while they were in town, and we were so honored that they agreed to be her godparents.
We had such a great time with them! They are expecting their first child this upcoming September, and they just found out that they are having a girl! I am so excited that Ava will have a girl cousin just 6 months younger than her! And I know that Asher will really adore that baby as well.
Here is Ava in her baptismal gown:
And Ava with Uncle/Godfather Chris and Aunt/Godmother Nikki:
Both Asher and Ava had stellar behavior at church. I couldn't believe it! Ava didn't cry at all, even when water was poured on her head (it was nice that they warmed it up for her!). Asher sat quietly between Chris and Nikki, something he never ever does for us! He was a perfect angel. I can't remember the last time I was able to just sit there peacefully and soak up the Mass. It was a nice treat!

We had some close friends join us, and afterward, we all headed over to our house to hang out and have some food. That was also a lot of fun, and it was so nice to have Chris and Nikki meet some of our friends.
Here is Ava in her baptismal gown:
And Ava with Uncle/Godfather Chris and Aunt/Godmother Nikki:
Both Asher and Ava had stellar behavior at church. I couldn't believe it! Ava didn't cry at all, even when water was poured on her head (it was nice that they warmed it up for her!). Asher sat quietly between Chris and Nikki, something he never ever does for us! He was a perfect angel. I can't remember the last time I was able to just sit there peacefully and soak up the Mass. It was a nice treat!

We had some close friends join us, and afterward, we all headed over to our house to hang out and have some food. That was also a lot of fun, and it was so nice to have Chris and Nikki meet some of our friends.Asher just LOVES his Aunt Nikki and spent hours sitting beside her or on her lap. I have never seen the boy so calm! He also had such a blast with Chris. Chris has a great sense of humor and is excellent at entertaining kids, and Asher is finally at the age where he can really appreciate it. He was cracking up constantly while they were playing.
Of course, the weekend flew by so fast, but we had such a great time and wish we could hang out with them all the time!
1 comment:
It was a beautiful time! Thank you so much for including us! I just loved meeting Chris and Nikki too!!! Asher was AMAZING during the mass! I am so glad I didn't bring my kids or else they would have led him down a different path I'm sure!
Post a Comment