Wednesday, November 5, 2008

First Trip to the Zoo!

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming. . .

Last week was Asher's first trip to the Zoo! I'm so glad we finally made it there before the chilly winter weather we're getting this week! We went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, which is a beautiful zoo at the base of the mountains. It makes for a hilly walk, but it's so worth it for the beautiful view. The most exciting part is that you can reach out and feed the giraffes. While this was pretty exciting for me, it kind of freaked Asher out a little bit. Although, I really can't blame him, because those giraffes have HUGE tongues that lick your hand pretty roughly - it's a lot for a little guy to take in!

Here are Asher and myself with the giraffes:













There was also a Grizzly Bear exhibit where a bear was swimming right up to the glass. He was a really playful guy who was splashing water and being really friendly with the kiddos. It was quite a sight to see!













And on our drive back from the zoo, I couldn't help but notice all the beautiful trees that are changing color. I love fall up here; it's just to ridiculously gorgeous and perfect.













I'd say that it's pretty likely that our stay in Colorado is probably more on the temporary side. Truthfully, anything can happen, but I suspect we'll probably end up moving within the next couple of years, which is really bittersweet. Colorado is such a beautiful place to live, and I love the weather most of the time (not the snow so much!). So, knowing that our time here is most likely limited, I'm trying to soak in every bit of Colorado beauty that I can!

No comments: