Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday, Monday

This past weekend was nice and relaxing, just what I needed. And then last night, I went to bed with a migraine, tossed and turned all night, and woke up at 4:30am this morning to a throbbing head. I was plum exhausted. Asher decided to join in on the fun and woke up at 5:15. It was a great start to my day.

By 8:30am, I was more than ready to go back to bed but instead had to deal with the incessant whining of my child. He kept demanding (and then SCREAMING) that I locate his Percy train that he was apparently unable to find. My head really loved that. He is constantly "misplacing" his trains or trucks and then, rather than actually looking for them himself (that's just too logical for a 2-year-old, doncha know), he loves to ask Eric and I fifty gajillion times to find them for him (Mommy, Where's Percy?! Where's Percy, Mommy? Mommy?! Mommy!!). It's good times, let me tell you.

I had really been looking forward to going to see my midwife at 11am, but honestly, I lost all desire to go between the headache, exhaustion, and Asher. But go I did (of course), and I did find out that I have a little bit of progress going on (1cm and a very thin cervix for any curious minds out there). Honestly, that news almost made the day salvageable because I had been hoping and hoping to have some sign of something happening just to know we're moving in the right direction, so YAY for that! And, for the first time, I didn't gain any weight (finally!)! Double bonus.

And then we stumbled, er drove, home, ate lunch, and now Asher is happily snoozing away. And I think I'm about to join him...

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Big hugs there my friend, I'm sorry you've had kind of a rotten day. I hope your head feels much better after a little rest and hopefully Asher is taking a monsterously restful snooze as I type this. Let me know if you need anything and hoooray for progress! AND no weight gain! Although, for anyone who has even glanced your way it'd be obvious that you haven't gained any weight in any area other than your belly! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I am so excited to meet that little Lea!

Alison said...

I'm sorry you had a crummy morning! But hey, that's about as much progress as I ever made this time around to horah for progress!

Jen said...

You make me laugh. (Sorry it's at the expense of your miserable morning, but at least you are funny!)