The other day, Asher was running recklessly on top of the couch, laughing hysterically and repeatedly stopping my heart in fear in the process. Every time I asked and then demanded that he stop, he simply laughed harder. I took him off time and time again, put him in timeout even, and still, he simply paid no mind and would hop right back on. And then, in an instant, he lost his footing and was heading straight for falling on the ground on top of his head. Luckily, thanks to my wicked fast reflexes (or sheer luck, whichever you choose to believe), I caught him just in time.
He was pretty shook up by the experience and collapsed into my arms, sobbing. I held him close and soothed him and told him that this was why I wanted him to stop, secretly pleased that he had had a near miss that would hopefully scare some sense into him. Within a few minutes, he had calmed down, and the tears and stopped.
And within two minutes, he was back to running on the couch, laughing hysterically.
Such a boy.
I see many heart attacks in my future.
He was pretty shook up by the experience and collapsed into my arms, sobbing. I held him close and soothed him and told him that this was why I wanted him to stop, secretly pleased that he had had a near miss that would hopefully scare some sense into him. Within a few minutes, he had calmed down, and the tears and stopped.
And within two minutes, he was back to running on the couch, laughing hysterically.
Such a boy.
I see many heart attacks in my future.
2 comments:
Yes, first the couch, next it will be BMX bikes down the driveway, finally skydiving (just ask my parents.) But he looks so innocent doing it!
Oh gee, just wait till he and Corben can collaborate on new stunts! Um, Nevie rolled off the couch yesterday. Why she picked that particular moment to become so proficient at rolling is beyond me.
Anyways - back to you! I'm glad you caught him! Maybe he's practicing for a future as a tight rope walker??
Post a Comment