* Finding new (or remembering old) foods that Asher can eat, especially when I can find a way to turn something "normal" into something hypoallergenic. Case in point: I found some great wheat-free bread, and add some Sunbutter (made from sunflower seeds) and jam, and you've got a converted PB&J! I also made a big pot of split pea soup, and he just devoured it! Another favorite: gluten-free pasta with marinara.
* I am hopefully going to start going to the gym somewhat regularly again, which is huge considering how much I absolutely loathe working out. I went today, so I know one day isn't much, but it's more than I've done in a while! I would just love to be somewhat in shape and toned again. This seems like a lofty goal right now, but honestly, I'd be happy even going once or twice a week!
* Asher has started babbling almost constantly in "Asher speak." It's so adorable, but more than anything, it's a step in the right direction in terms of talking! He has also added a few more words to his vocabulary lately, so I hope it keeps up!
* Eric has a week of vacation next week, and this will be the first time since we've moved here that he has a full week off without us going to Phoenix! Of course, we always love to see our families, but it is always exhausting and busy as well, so we're looking forward to hanging around town and maybe taking some trips around Colorado!
* American Idol. I must agree with Eric that the show's season lasts forever and a day (they certainly drag it out as long as possible!), but I still really enjoy it. I tease him by saying that it's my football season, since he practically owns the TV during those months!
* Tax refunds! We've gotten our state one and are waiting on the federal one, and hopefully it will help us buy a car this summer!
* Hanging out with the girls tomorrow night to feast on fish and chips! Mmm mmm tasty!
* The holiday of my people (well, some of my people anyway) is next week, and Asher is all set with his first ever St. Patrick's Day t-shirt.
* Getting to hold my friend's new baby. It's been a week since I've held that precious bundle, and I get some more time tomorrow!
* And this boy, of course!

* I am hopefully going to start going to the gym somewhat regularly again, which is huge considering how much I absolutely loathe working out. I went today, so I know one day isn't much, but it's more than I've done in a while! I would just love to be somewhat in shape and toned again. This seems like a lofty goal right now, but honestly, I'd be happy even going once or twice a week!
* Asher has started babbling almost constantly in "Asher speak." It's so adorable, but more than anything, it's a step in the right direction in terms of talking! He has also added a few more words to his vocabulary lately, so I hope it keeps up!
* Eric has a week of vacation next week, and this will be the first time since we've moved here that he has a full week off without us going to Phoenix! Of course, we always love to see our families, but it is always exhausting and busy as well, so we're looking forward to hanging around town and maybe taking some trips around Colorado!
* American Idol. I must agree with Eric that the show's season lasts forever and a day (they certainly drag it out as long as possible!), but I still really enjoy it. I tease him by saying that it's my football season, since he practically owns the TV during those months!
* Tax refunds! We've gotten our state one and are waiting on the federal one, and hopefully it will help us buy a car this summer!
* Hanging out with the girls tomorrow night to feast on fish and chips! Mmm mmm tasty!
* The holiday of my people (well, some of my people anyway) is next week, and Asher is all set with his first ever St. Patrick's Day t-shirt.
* Getting to hold my friend's new baby. It's been a week since I've held that precious bundle, and I get some more time tomorrow!
* And this boy, of course!

1 comment:
It really is the little things in our lives!
Post a Comment