Friday, March 20, 2009

Brews and Boulder

Whew! We've had quite a busy but relaxing week! We have thoroughly been enjoying Eric's week of vacation and have been filling it with all sorts of fun stuff. On Monday, Eric joined us for the first time at My Gym for Asher's weekly class. It was great that he could come with us, and even better that he could join us and the girls for coffee afterward (and take Asher outside when he became unruly while I stayed inside and chatted!).

On Tuesday, we headed up to New Belgium Brewery because Eric's favorite beer is Fat Tire, and we were looking forward to checking it out. Although we missed out on the full guided tour, we enjoyed tasting some beer and checking out the town of Fort Collins. It also happened to fall on St. Patrick's Day, so we were all donning our best green:
My four tastes (sadly, I didn't really care for any of them, but that's not saying much since I am about as far from a beer connoisseur as you can get!)
Asher enjoying his "beer," aka freeze-dried apples.

And then yesterday we journeyed up to Boulder for an overnight visit, a city that we had been wanting to explore for some time now. Such a neat, beautiful city! We hung out a lot downtown, where there are lots of good shops and restaurants. Asher, being the age that he is, wanted to walk and meander at his own pace rather than be pushed in the stroller, which we happily let him do except when we actually wanted to get anywhere in less than 3 years time! We also spent some time at a park, where Asher loved exploring:Asher enjoying a "piggyback" ride.

So, now it's Friday, which means that in two days Eric will be back at work with a really busy schedule, and Asher and I will be sad to get back into the routine sans Daddy! But at least we've had a really great week together enjoying all the wonderful weather we've been having!

P.S. Congrats to my friend, Alison, on her plus one!

3 comments:

Jen said...

It looks like you guys had some fun adventures! Maybe it's just because I can't have them right now, but those beer tasters look mighty yummy to me! :)

Alison said...

I hope you had a great trip, it looks like you had fun!

Jennifer said...

I'm so happy for you guys that you were able to get away together and explore new places!

Looks like you had a great time!