Asher officially has a first word! That word is "more," or as he says it, "mo" or "ma." Yeah, so it's not perfect, but it's a word with meaning, so we'll take it! Eric really wanted to go ahead and get an evaluation done by a speech therapist, so we're going this coming Friday. Even though I would be fine with waiting another month or two to see what develops, it doesn't hurt to go now just to see what she says. Hopefully she will think that he's perfectly normal and just taking his time and will just give us some tips to help encourage him.
I have no doubt of his intelligence or development level because the comprehension and understanding is definitely there. He understands what we're saying and will follow commands, including putting things away, or retrieving his cup or shoes. If I tell him it's time for breakfast, he'll walk over to his highchair and put his arms up to get in. When it's time to get dressed, he'll lead me to his room. So, I know he's a smart guy. He just doesn't have much to say yet I guess!
I'll keep you posted about the verdict from the speech therapist! Keep your fingers crossed for us!

I may not say much, but boy am I cute!
3 comments:
"Please, sir, may I have some more?" MORE! That's awesome. :) Good luck with the therapist, hope for relaxing news. Oh, and love the hair!
It will be interesting to get some tips for sure. In my (limited) experience once they get a few words things suddenly explode from there. He'll probably be demanding an "ice cold beer" like someone I know soon!
Good luck! I know those specialist appointments can sometimes be a little nerve wracking - will they think he's normal...etc. Hate that feeling. Anyways, I'm sure they'll say he'll talk eventually. I noticed Corben's vocabulary really expand as of late and of course his understanding. Boys just talk a little later for some reason, probably because all the girls do enough talking for them! :) Can't wait to hear the results!
Post a Comment