Today is my 29th birthday. How did this happen I ask you? I swear I was just 18! Or 22! Or even 26! But 29? One year from 30? No way! Surely, I am not a grown-up who will very shortly no longer be a twenty-something! *Sob sob*
I wish I could embrace aging like my mother does. She will be 60 at the end of this year, and she has such a great attitude about it. She feels like she is just getting started! She loves working and wants to work for as long as she can. She just completed her third half-marathon and lost a bunch of weight over the past couple of years. She has a couple of more ambitions in the works, and she is just loving life and is thrilled to be turning 60.
Me? I feel like I'm hiding in a cave and hoping that no one is noticing that I'm so close to 30. And really, isn't this pathetic? I mean, in 10 years I'll be almost 40, and won't I think this is the stupidest thing I ever heard of? Or what about when I'm 50 and 60? I mean, isn't 30 the new 20?! Well, I think that's what all the 30-year-olds are saying at least!
But really, I should be excited about getting older. Life really does just keep getting better. Asher is at such a fun age, and I love watching him get older and enjoying playing at the park and enjoying new activities. I have a wonderful husband who loves coming home to us each night and misses us like crazy when we're gone. It's also exciting because we have another baby to look forward to down the road, and I'm thrilled to see what our family will look like in a few years. I will enjoy being a little older with older kids and taking family vacations to Disneyland and maybe even Europe. And having regular date nights with Eric and maybe even a little getaway here and there.
Yes, life is good. Bring it on, 29! I'll take all you can offer and love every second. Because, for one more year, I will be an age that begins with a 2. And then, 30, I will try to love you just as much. No promises though!
Happy Birthday to me!
I wish I could embrace aging like my mother does. She will be 60 at the end of this year, and she has such a great attitude about it. She feels like she is just getting started! She loves working and wants to work for as long as she can. She just completed her third half-marathon and lost a bunch of weight over the past couple of years. She has a couple of more ambitions in the works, and she is just loving life and is thrilled to be turning 60.
Me? I feel like I'm hiding in a cave and hoping that no one is noticing that I'm so close to 30. And really, isn't this pathetic? I mean, in 10 years I'll be almost 40, and won't I think this is the stupidest thing I ever heard of? Or what about when I'm 50 and 60? I mean, isn't 30 the new 20?! Well, I think that's what all the 30-year-olds are saying at least!
But really, I should be excited about getting older. Life really does just keep getting better. Asher is at such a fun age, and I love watching him get older and enjoying playing at the park and enjoying new activities. I have a wonderful husband who loves coming home to us each night and misses us like crazy when we're gone. It's also exciting because we have another baby to look forward to down the road, and I'm thrilled to see what our family will look like in a few years. I will enjoy being a little older with older kids and taking family vacations to Disneyland and maybe even Europe. And having regular date nights with Eric and maybe even a little getaway here and there.
Yes, life is good. Bring it on, 29! I'll take all you can offer and love every second. Because, for one more year, I will be an age that begins with a 2. And then, 30, I will try to love you just as much. No promises though!
Happy Birthday to me!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday - I hope the upcoming year brings you lots of new adventures.t
You are so funny. :) Hope you had a good birthday!
I'm late I'm late I know! Getting older is weird huh? I was just thinking about that too - I mean I don't always feel grown up. I hope you had the best birthday yet and hopefully this year is fully of fun and happiness!!!
Post a Comment