I have three brothers. Francisco is 14, Aaron is almost 20, and Chris is 34. Obviously, we are really spaced out in terms of ages. It was almost like two generations. It's as though Chris and I are old school (boy do I feel like a dinosaur when I say that!) , and Aaron and Fran are new school. Chris and I "grew up" together, but we are 5.5 years apart, so he was off doing his own thing for most of my childhood. Nevertheless, I always looked up to him, and I couldn't ask for a more loving, caring brother. Heck, he even introduced me to my husband (they went to college together). I knew he would come in handy some day!
This past weekend we were lucky enough to have Chris visit. He is getting married in September, so this was probably his last solo trip, and we soaked in every second of "Chris-ness." Although Asher met him by burying his head in my chest and clutching me for dear life, a child (and anyone else for that matter) can't help but be won over by Chris' charm because he is so darn entertaining and fun. Eventually, Asher realized this and was able to enjoy his uncle's visit.
Maybe Uncle Chris isn't so bad after all!
Chris got a kick out of Asher's wild hand gestures that he has started using. Here they are gesturing together.
Hiking at Helen Hunt Falls. Being on Daddy's back is fun!
The siblings.
The brothers-in-law.
A sleepy baby wearing Mommy's hat.
It was great to spend time with you, Uncle Chris! Can't wait for your wedding in a couple months!
No comments:
Post a Comment