Wednesday, June 20, 2012

30 Weeks

In some ways, I can't believe I am 30 weeks already. This pregnancy has definitely gone by the fastest of the three. However, physically I can't help but think, "Oh my...only 30 weeks?!" I've definitely reached that point where I feel very pregnant and feel like I am bigger this time around. Bending over is very difficult, and getting comfortable when sitting or laying down is already a challenge. But, I just remind myself to not get burned out just yet because, sheesh, I've still got 10 weeks to go! The good thing is that I'm not at the "I'm completely miserable" stage, and I hope I can avoid that for a while still. Hang in there, self!

But really, I just can't complain. I feel good. I can still take care of everything and everybody I need to, albeit a little slower usually. I'm so grateful that I can still fully function without feeling like I'm totally dying. I do notice that I get worn out much quicker and out of breath faster, and lord help me when I have to get up off the floor, but it's all so doable and not a big deal overall, so I'm thankful for that.

I definitely see a difference in trying to keep up with two kids this time around. No rest for Mommy! But oh well, rest is overrated, right?! However, at night, body is consistently not giving me enough sleep. I can sleep a solid 5-6 hours on a good night, but then I wake up at around 3-4am and just can't get back to sleep. Very frustrating. And when I think about hourly wakings with a newborn...I won't lie, I kinda cringe. Okay, I cringe a LOT. Because not only will it be that by itself, but I'm also going to have to be up and functional early in the morning for my two early risers, and then get everyone ready and take Asher to kindergarten. Should be interesting! 
28 Weeks
30 Weeks (photo by my new maternity photographer, Asher)
The heat around here is definitely making pregnancy harder. We've been having highs of 113! Yeah, it's been  pretty darn hot. It's harder to stay hydrated (and sane) with that kind of heat, and yet you want to get out of the house when you have children who need to be occupied. I've noticed my braxton-hicks contractions really kick it up a notch when I'm out and about for a while, and then I just have to have some rest and water time at home to recuperate. That's usually when Asher wants me to throw in a game of basketball or soccer, but he's done pretty well with being understanding when I have to take it easy, and I always make it up to him later. 

The cutest thing right now is that Ava loves to pull up my shirt, pat my stomach and say, "My baby!" and then kiss my stomach. She also is obsessed with my belly button sticking out and loves to poke at it, but if I'm sitting down and it goes in, she gets mad and tries to pull it out. Even though she knows there's a baby in my belly, she still insists that she's a baby herself. If you ask her what her name is, she says, "Baby." And when I tell her she's my big girl, she says, "No! Baby!" Some changes are in the wind, little darlin'! I'll be really curious to see how she reacts to a baby in the house. Even though she is Miss Independent, she still likes to be carried around a lot and is definitely attached to me, so hopefully it won't make for a rough transition. She certainly loves babies in general, but she gets jealous when I hold another child, so I hope it's not too hard on her.

And as for Asher, he told my mom that he is worried about being a big brother to both a brother and a sister because it's "so much work" to take care of TWO kids and that he's going to be busy. Hahaha that one cracked me up. He is definitely my little helper a lot of the time, but that comment really surprised me. I assured him that I'll be doing most of the work and to not worry. The funniest part is that he thinks he has to protect both of them, which I think is sweet, except that usually the one that Ava needs protection from is Asher himself! He loves to bug her more than protect her, although I know that he would do anything for her out in the world, and he really does adore his little sister.

This baby definitely moves around a lot, and I'm enjoying his acrobatics for the most part. Maybe not at 2am but that's okay. It's always reassuring to feel that movement, and then I try and imagine what he'll look like. I just can't wait to meet him! Hopefully he'll have a name by then! :)

No comments: