Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sometimes, I Just Don't Wanna Know

Since we've left Colorado, there have been very well-meaning people who have wanted to "look out" for us in terms of the house that we still own that has been rented out during our absence. And I appreciate that intention, I really do. However, I wish that for one second, they could be me and feel how it is to deal with only hearing bad things for nearly two years. Things like, "Just so you know, (insert random thing the tenant is doing that is annoying everyone), and nobody likes her at all." Or, "Just so you know, (insert random concern about how tenant is taking care of the house and yard). I just thought you would want to know." 

Has there ever been a specific situation that I have been told about that has actually benefited me in taking care of my house? I've thought long and hard about it, and no, I don't think there has. Mainly it has been complaining to me about this person and how there is concern about our house and yard. Things that I really can't control, that are more issues for the neighbors than for me, or things that the property manager isn't properly addressing that I am already aware of that just create extra headaches for me when I also have to hear about it from the neighbors.

In short, this "helpful" info has been anything but and has only added to my already stressful life and extreme frustration regarding our house/rental situation. I try and detach from it and let it roll off my shoulders, but seriously, after two years, I am just so tired of hearing about it.

The latest is, "Just so you know, there were three houses one street over that sold for their asking price, all within two weeks of being listed, some within 24 hours." Well, that's just AWESOME. Because our house has been on the market for a while now and is listed well below all those other houses, and I just love KNOWING that other people are having amazing success while we are not. JUST SO WE KNOW. And I can't help but wonder how in the world is this information going to help me?

I'm just at my breaking point with it. With one person, I have requested time and time again to please not discuss the house with me, that I don't want to talk about it or hear about it, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I just don't think they understand because they haven't been in my shoes and have no idea how truly unhelpful they are being.

We just need to catch a break and get rid of this house. If you have an offer for me, that's something I want to know about.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Awww! I can totally imagine your frustration!!! Noone wants to be told negative things "just so you know." Unless it is something that requires you to DO something (like the new people who moved into your house have taken out all the cabinets in the kitchen and have put them for sale in your driveway!" LOL!)

I am really hoping you guys get an offer soon. As in today? Yesterday?

Alison said...

Hoping and praying for you that you can leave that house behind soon!