Monday, December 13, 2010

9 Months: Crawling, Clapping, and Exploring

Ava is now 9 months old, and it's crazy to think that she's been out of the womb for as long as she was in. Seems like she's been with us for so much longer, and I can scarcely remember life before her!

There has been so much fun stuff happening with her lately. First, she officially started crawling today, the very day she turned 9 months. She's been "on the brink" for so long now and could even move her leg once before falling on her stomach, but today, it all finally came together, and she figured it out and is all over the place. At bedtime, she was still so excited that she kept trying to push off of me so she could just get down on the floor and crawl!

Even before she mastered crawling, she had figured out how to scoot around really well and has really been getting into exploring her surroundings. She loves to check out all the toys, and she can seriously entertain herself endlessly just hanging out on the floor. It is so fun to see how thrilled she is to be getting around more and checking everything out!
Don't you just love these pants?

The other night, Ava decided to wake up at 2:45am, and she did not go back to sleep. I wanted to cry! Instead, I took her into the other room and laid on the bed while she sat up next to me playing. About an hour later, all of a sudden she started clapping her hands together for the first time! She and I were both so excited, and it was nice to have a sweet moment despite the ridiculous exhaustion (she finally went back to sleep at 4:30am!!). She has done it several times since then and gets a big grin on her face every time.
My mom calls Ava a marshmallow because she's so "fluffy," and she definitely is my chunky monkey. However, she's not nearly as light as marshmallow fluff! I've noticed recently that holding her for more than a couple minutes has really become more challenging because she probably weighs about 20 pounds or so. But man do I love her thighs and cheeks! She is really getting so big, and it makes me sad that she's growing up so fast!
This girl is just so sweet and delightful, and we all adore her!

2 comments:

alison said...

Wow she is so adorable!

Jen said...

How exciting!!!! I felt a little sad (even though I was so excited) when Alex started crawling because that officially marked the beginning of the end of the "baby" time. But you can't help but just love seeing them learn new things!

And Yes, we love those pants, got some for Alex too! :)