Sunday, April 4, 2010

Mom and Easter Bunnies

My mom was just up here visiting for the past few days, which was AWESOME I have to say. Having an extra pair of very capable hands? Priceless! I even got a massage one day!

My mom fell in love with Ava right away, and it seemed like the feelings must be mutual since my mom was able to get her calm and sleepy at the drop of a hat. I love this picture of the two of them taking a nap. So sweet!
On Saturday, our community center was hosting an Easter Egg hunt, so we decided to take Asher to that. He really enjoyed it, and then he also got to meet the Easter Bunny! He seemed to like him and even went up to meet him, but he wasn't feeling it when it came time to take a picture with him. So, Daddy stepped in and took the picture with Asher (you can see the person's eyes in this picture - a little creepy!)Sleeping Ava, on the other hand, didn't mind the Easter Bunny one bit.Here are me and the kiddos with my mom.And a family picture.And me with Mr. Asher.Asher got a pretty cool Easter basket this morning that he was super excited about. Who knew they made Elmo baskets?!Here is Asher showing his excitement over his new Toby engine (of the Thomas & Friends collection).It was too bad my mom had to leave on Easter Sunday. I tried to convince her to change her plane ticket to next Sunday, and although I know she would have loved so much more time with her grandkids, she has obligations at home (you know, that nasty thing called working! And my teenage brother! Sheesh!). But we had a great time having her up here for sure!

5 comments:

Alison said...

I'm so happy to see your Mom getting to meet Ava, precious!

This is a total aside but coming from a person who just cut their hair and is regretting it, your hair looks great in these pictures, don't cut it! :)

A Week In The Life of A Redhead said...

ahhh my son is no longer interested in Easter - he's in the teenage years. Cute pictures of your kids. I don't miss coloring Easter eggs though!
Catherine

katina said...

I wonder if the people in those costumes smile when you take pictures...They know you can't see them smile, but at the same time I find it so hard NOT to smile in pictures...you know, like those old timey photos.

Jen said...

I love that picture of your mom and Ava too, so sweet!!!

And you are looking amazing! How are you so skinny this quickly after having your 2nd child? (No, this isn't a rhetorical question. Really. I demand to know.) LOL!

Lea said...

Jen - thank you! I lost a bunch of weight quickly but have been holding for a couple weeks now. I'm hoping to lose more, so I'm crossing my fingers! But honestly, I'm just lucky when it comes to pregnancy weight gain and weight loss afterward.