This past Thursday, they were predicting rain overnight. I heard what I thought was rain and crazy wind all night long. Early the next morning, I peeked out the window and was in shock as I saw that our backyard was blanketed in snow! Not just a little snow, but several inches! My dad had driven up, and his car was parked out front, and and it was completely buried. He was in more shock than I was about all the snow, especially since he was planning to leave that morning. And here I naively thought that since it is almost May, perhaps we could move on from Winter into something even resembling Spring? Crazy I know.Fortunately, prior to Friday, the weather had been decent for my dad's visit. There had been some rain and wind, but my dad and Asher still managed to get outside to the park and the backyard a fair amount. Asher definitely thoroughly enjoyed having his grandpa visit.
In prior visits, I had the complete life of luxury when my dad comes up. He and Asher would play endlessly for hours, and I would be left to my own devices to do whatever I pleased. Pure bliss! This time around, although having him here was a HUGE help, it wasn't quite the break it had been before due to our newest addition. After all, if he was playing with Asher, then I usually had my hands full with Ava. Or, he would take Ava so I could tend to Asher. Ava seemed to sense when Grandpa and Asher were doing their own thing, and rather than sleep, she preferred for me to hold or bounce her. Doesn't my little princess know that Mommy wants to be a princess sometimes, too? :)
My dad ended up staying for his longest visit ever, and by the end of the week, I could hardly remember how I had functioned before having him around! He is so great with Asher, and he also soothed Ava to sleep several times - I was definitely sad to see him go. He did head back despite the crazy weather and fortunately made it home safe and sound.
We miss Grandpa already!
2 comments:
That snow looked crazy (glad I missed it!!!!) that and I already sent the kids' winter coats to the consignment store! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time with your dad. He looks like he thoroughly enjoyed snuggling with those two sweeties!!!!
Growing up in Colorado half the time my birthday was beautiful and half the time it snowed! I'm glad your Dad made it home safe.
Post a Comment