Sometime during the past week or so, I realized that I was actually feeling good! The nausea slowly slipped away (I would say without me realizing it, but I definitely was aware that it was happening!), and I started to feel human again. Hooray for eating and enjoying most foods again (there are still some things I definitely can't eat, but as long as I avoid them, I'm good to go).
As for the migraines, unfortunately, they are still there. I get two different kinds of migraines. The first kind is the classic horrific head pounding that feels like a hammer in my skull. I have been woken up during the night more than once to the realization that my head is about to explode. I really, really hate those. I have always suffered from headaches but haven't had them frequently for many years until now.
The other kind starts out with an aura. I first encountered these in 2002, and the reason I remember that is because I had just graduated from college and was working at a temp job and would start to lose my vision every day around the same time. It lasted around 30-45 minutes and then would go away and leave me with a headache. They freaked me out, and I wondered if I had a brain tumor! One time I was with Eric (we had just been dating a short time), and I got the visual stuff and then I couldn't speak! I knew the words I wanted to say but only gibberish came out of my mouth! He calmly informed me that I didn't have a brain tumor but was actually experiencing an aura, which accompanies migraines sometimes.
So basically, I can be feeling great, and then out of the blue, I will start to see spots or jagged lines, and within a few minutes, they spread across my whole vision and practically blind me. And then I often feel weird, and my brain doesn't think right for a while afterward. The only good thing is that I don't have a raging headache. It's usually more dull and can last anywhere from an hour to several hours. Since I've been pregnant, I've been known to sometimes get up to two of these auras a day. They are really a pain!
When I first started getting these migraines back in 2002, I got them frequently. But over the years, they have slowly dwindled, and there are times I don't get one for a year or longer. When I was pregnant with Asher, I remember getting a slight increase in headaches, but it was nothing like this. The hormones must really be raging this time I guess!
I am really, really hoping that the migraines go the way of the nausea. It seems like every time I have been migraine-free for a day or two, I will think, "No migraines! I feel so great!" and then BOOM, I get a migraine within the hour. So, I can merely take it hour by hour and hope for the best. If I have to deal with this for another 6 months, there's not much I can do about it. There is migraine medicine I can take, but I have no plans of taking it unless I get super desperate, just to be on the safe side. The only over the counter painkiller pregnant women can take is Tylenol. I personally am very anti-Tylenol for several reasons, but I have been desperate, so I have taken it more than I would have liked. But sometimes I just can't take the pain, and I have to be able to function!
But I am really grateful that at least I am no longer nauseous and in pain. We're moving in the right direction!
As for the migraines, unfortunately, they are still there. I get two different kinds of migraines. The first kind is the classic horrific head pounding that feels like a hammer in my skull. I have been woken up during the night more than once to the realization that my head is about to explode. I really, really hate those. I have always suffered from headaches but haven't had them frequently for many years until now.
The other kind starts out with an aura. I first encountered these in 2002, and the reason I remember that is because I had just graduated from college and was working at a temp job and would start to lose my vision every day around the same time. It lasted around 30-45 minutes and then would go away and leave me with a headache. They freaked me out, and I wondered if I had a brain tumor! One time I was with Eric (we had just been dating a short time), and I got the visual stuff and then I couldn't speak! I knew the words I wanted to say but only gibberish came out of my mouth! He calmly informed me that I didn't have a brain tumor but was actually experiencing an aura, which accompanies migraines sometimes.
So basically, I can be feeling great, and then out of the blue, I will start to see spots or jagged lines, and within a few minutes, they spread across my whole vision and practically blind me. And then I often feel weird, and my brain doesn't think right for a while afterward. The only good thing is that I don't have a raging headache. It's usually more dull and can last anywhere from an hour to several hours. Since I've been pregnant, I've been known to sometimes get up to two of these auras a day. They are really a pain!
When I first started getting these migraines back in 2002, I got them frequently. But over the years, they have slowly dwindled, and there are times I don't get one for a year or longer. When I was pregnant with Asher, I remember getting a slight increase in headaches, but it was nothing like this. The hormones must really be raging this time I guess!
I am really, really hoping that the migraines go the way of the nausea. It seems like every time I have been migraine-free for a day or two, I will think, "No migraines! I feel so great!" and then BOOM, I get a migraine within the hour. So, I can merely take it hour by hour and hope for the best. If I have to deal with this for another 6 months, there's not much I can do about it. There is migraine medicine I can take, but I have no plans of taking it unless I get super desperate, just to be on the safe side. The only over the counter painkiller pregnant women can take is Tylenol. I personally am very anti-Tylenol for several reasons, but I have been desperate, so I have taken it more than I would have liked. But sometimes I just can't take the pain, and I have to be able to function!
But I am really grateful that at least I am no longer nauseous and in pain. We're moving in the right direction!
2 comments:
These sound truly awful! I hope this too passes soon, and that all these raging hormones mean there is a little girl in your belly! (You know, two times the hormones going around!)
I agree, maybe your body is busy making a girl!!! So sorry about the migraines... :(
Post a Comment