Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Hello, Second Trimester!

YAY!

13 weeks and 3 days today. I've made it this far!

I gotta say, this pregnancy has been HARD! I was sick with Asher for sure, but this baby? This baby has taken it up to a whole other level. My morning sickness started a couple of weeks earlier than it did the first time, and it quickly went up a few notches.

With my first pregnancy, I remember ambling to the bathroom at work and hovering over the toilet and throwing up a little bit and once a day at the most. This time, I have spent a lot of time RUNNING, hand over mouth, to the toilet, barely making it. I have sat there, puking my guts out for a long period of time, and I've even made some return trips in the same day. The nausea in general has been worse, and the migraines, oh the migraines! They have been killing me.

But Mr. Asher keeps me going. Because I cannot just lay in bed all day watching TV. I have a little guy who wants to play and eat and go places and will not sit idly by as I moan and groan. He has kept me busy and active, and I think that has helped me overall to take my mind off not feeling so good. Of course, there have definitely been times when I just couldn't do anything and really needed to just lay on the couch. And Asher has been terrific about that and seems to know just when I need him to chill with me or play by himself for a little while. When Eric gets home, he is always a huge help, too. That makes such a big difference!

I am still not quite back to myself. I had a great couple of days but then got hit with a migraine and some more nausea. BUT! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I know that before long, I will be eating tons of food and enjoying it and will no longer have to hear the concern in my midwife's voice as she sees more weight loss (it's just been a total of 6 pounds, really not that bad at all). No, soon, I will have to SLOW down my consumption. I know that day is coming. And honestly, I look forward to that! Isn't that a joy of pregnancy to be able to enjoy food and not worry quite as much about the weight gain? I know it's coming!

Another joy of the 2nd trimester is that I am starting to feel the excitement growing. The past couple of months, I've just been maintaining and trying to make it through. I haven't really focused on what is actually growing inside me. I think feeling cautious during that precious time also keeps the excitement to a minimum. But now I am officially 3 months along and that feels good. In another few weeks, I'll start to feel movement. And next month we'll find out if we're having a boy or a girl. I can't wait for that!

And then we'll have to start thinking about the baby's room. Hard to believe!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh wow, you have had it bad! Here's to hoping the hard part is over very soon!

Alison said...

My morning sickness was also worse but not as bad as you. Sometimes it's hard to say what it worse, the beginning or the end of pregnancy I guess! I REALLY hope you feel great soon and I agree that a lot of exciting things are coming!