Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Asher has been such a gem since Friday, and I am LOVING it. What more can a mother ask for than for her child to be sweet and loving and happy for a few days in a row? Yes, Asher has given me a lovely Mother's Day gift for sure, and it makes me thrilled to just see him enjoying life much more than he has been lately.

But the most special and wonderful part about today is the fact that I am Asher's mama at all. I feel so incredibly fortunate to have such a delightful, healthy boy who is so full of life! I love my little man so much! Being a mother in and of itself is such an honor. Asher brings me such joy each and every day of my life.
Last year, Eric really spoiled me by celebrating Mother's Day throughout the weekend. He brought home beautiful flowers on Friday, pampered me all weekend, and then gave me a very nice gift. This year, I wasn't expecting anything big. He once again gave me some very nice flowers, took me out to dinner, let me sleep in, helped out extra around the house, and then he surprised me.....with diamond earrings! Yes, I just about fell off my chair. I thought that maybe I'd get a giftcard or shirt but certainly not fancy jewelry! Indeed, Eric has gone overboard again and made me feel like such a princess. I seriously would have been happy with something small, or him just doing the dishes (which he did anyway), and I had especially not expected much given how hard he's been working lately. I really appreciate the extra effort he went through just for me. I am one lucky lady!And no, you're not seeing things. Asher is indeed still wearing snowman pajamas in May! It's probably time to retire those soon...maybe in June...

And, of course, my own mom is so fabulous and amazing and inspires me everyday. I don't know what I would do without her!

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Go Eric! And go Asher for being so happy! I DID NOT get a fence for Mother's Day this year and I'm very happy about it!