Thursday, February 26, 2009

Good Jeans

I live in my jeans. Since becoming a stay at home mom, they are pretty much all I wear every day. As a result, I have quite a few varying in sizes. I have my pre-baby jeans, which are, thankfully, still too big. I have a pair I bought after losing weight when Asher was a couple months old, and then I have ones that are smaller still as I continued to shrink down to the smallest I'd been since high school (those are my favorite!), and then I have a couple of pairs for the more recent times when I am not quite as small as I was a year ago (darn it!). Because of this, I try to find the cheapest jeans possible because who can afford to buy expensive, new jeans every 6 months?

So, I currently have two pairs that fit just right and that I love and that I found for an awesome deal at the Gap, and then there's a couple that still fit (sorta) but aren't nearly as comfortable as they used to be. I'd really like one more pair to round out the collection, because I hate wearing pants that don't fit quite right. Drives me crazy! And it just so happens that I have a couple of Banana Republic gift cards that have been burning a hole in my pocket for some time now. I wasn't quite sure of the total value of them, but I thought they were around $35. And knowing Banana, that hardly buys you a tank top on sale.

But I decided to go check it out anyway and was hoping to snag some jeans on sale. Of course, they had nothing good on sale. However, they were having a one-day sale of 30% anything regularly priced. I found some really cute jeans that were $89 (yikes!), which would be $63 on sale. And then with my giftcards, I would pay around $30 of my own money. So, I was in the dressing room trying to decide how much I really loved them and if they were worth $30. I really liked them, and they were super comfy. I looked at the price tag again, and on the back I saw a sticker for $44.99! Perfect. I could definitely do that!

I went up to the cash register, and they rang up as $63. Turns out they were mislabeled. However, they honored the wrong price and sold them to me for $44.99. Woohoo! And it turns out that my giftcards covered almost the whole thing with only $3 out of pocket. Can't beat that!

So, $90 jeans for $3. Can't beat that! Now, I just have to get my booty to the gym so I can keep wearing them for a while!

2 comments:

Alison said...

The other question is if you should keep on to all the old clothes in various sizes. I do, for now anyway.

Congratulations on your bargain shopping.

Jennifer said...

Great deal! Banana and Gap are just the bestest. Well, I'm also a fan of White House Black Market jeans too but I swear I'm not going to pay $78+ for jeans until I get down to a size I'm good with. Maybe that will be my incentive...

I'm proud of your bargain hunting prowess - great job!!