Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Too Short

I found out yesterday that one of my good friends and former co-workers from Tucson, Madison, recently lost her best friend, Karmese. Although I have never met Karmese personally, Madison talked about her all the time, and I knew she was a very loyal and caring person who also had a wonderful sense of humor. Karmese was Madison's "person" in life. Madison went through a divorce a couple of years back, and Karmese was the one who finally got Madison to start going out again and living life to the fullest. I know they had been best friends for a very long time, and Madison is also the godmother of Karmese's son.

This is such a tragedy, and I know that Madison is beside herself with grief. It is such a shame that a 30-year-old has lost her life and that her son no longer has his mother. My heart goes out to Madison and to Karmese's family.

Each time I hear of a tragedy, it reminds me to embrace both life and my loved ones. It's a reminder to (try) not stress the small stuff but to rejoice in every little blessing. To thank God each day my family and I wake up alive and healthy. To take a deep breath of this brisk, autumn air and be grateful for every second on this planet. Life is just too darn short.

No comments: