From the time of our very first visit to Colorado Springs, people had told us about how quickly the weather can change here. The mantra is, "If you don't like the weather, just wait 10 minutes." And in the almost year that we have been here, we have seen it in action. It can go from cold and snowy to sunny and clear in a heartbeat, and the temperature can definitely shift dramatically. However, the change from yesterday to today has been the most significant I have experienced thus far. Yesterday, the high was 76, and it was so beautifully warm and sunny. I was even wearing shorts and flip flops for the first time, and while I was cleaning the house, I felt almost hot! We had the windows open, and there was such a nice breeze. It was what the last day of April really should be. And today, May 1, is like Christmas!
This is what today looks like in our backyard:
This is what today looks like in our backyard:
It is in the 30s/low 40s today, and the snow has just been coming down like crazy! No flip flops today, no sir. Back to sweaters and jackets! And tomorrow is supposed to be another cold, blustery day. If I wait 10 minutes, will it be back to 72?
1 comment:
having lived in Colorado most of my life, I found it hysterical when I moved down here to Texas and people would say "if you don't like the weather, wait an hour." which...bullshit. The weather down here is the same for months at a time with little to no variation.
Post a Comment