Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!















It's my first Mother's Day! Last year at this time, I was 6 months pregnant, and although people were wishing me a happy mother's day, it doesn't feel quite the same as now when I have the babe in the arms as opposed to in the belly. What a difference a year makes! I'm so used to Mother's Day being all about my mom, it's weird that it's for me now, too!

The weekend started off with a bang when Eric arrived home on Friday with beautiful flowers and a movie, 27 Dresses. That was a nice start to the weekend for sure! The rest of the weekend has been great as well, from Starbucks to lounging in bed, to getting a very generous gift card to Banana Republic. Time to do some shopping!

But Mother's Day is still about my own mom, and I am so grateful to have such an amazing mother, who has always been there for me and is such a great support. She always gives me sound advice, which is especially critical when you have a baby. I don't know what I'd do without her! What would we do without moms? They're just the best.

And to all the moms I know out there: You inspire me, you keep me sane, you listen to me, you make me laugh, and I love you for all of it! Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Meg said...

yay! I was thinking about you today, so glad your first M-Day was a joy, Mama!