My mom had her second surgery, and this time it was successful, and the pathology report showed that they got all of the cancer! So yay for that! She will start radiation in another few weeks. They are also waiting to see if her insurance will pay for a $4,000 (!!!!) test that would be very helpful in mapping the DNA of the cancer, which determines if it is likely to recur, or if it is likely to grow elsewhere in the body (scary thought). Sure hoping insurance ponies up for that! Sounds kinda important, ya think?
And also, in un-important but still very relieving news, our kitchen is finished! Hooray! Two weeks ago on a Thursday, the countertops were installed. The very next day, all of the sinks were hooked up, and everything was functioning! I can't even tell you the relief and happiness this simple thing brought me. Having a functioning kitchen seems like a small thing, but it makes such a big difference!
It was done just in time for Thanksgiving, which I was hosting, so it was wonderful to use it to cook up my meal and have our families over!
Unfortunately, the kids all got strep throat a few days before Thanksgiving. By the actual day, they were all doing much better. However, Asher started coughing a bunch, and then Ava started coughing....and there was round 2 with a bunch of colds, seemingly only minutes after recovering from round 1! Sheesh, the antibiotics weren't even finished yet!
As of today, Asher has been good for a few days (I did have to take him to the doctor on Monday for a double ear infection - come on!), Ava is finally starting to recover, very slowly. Inch by inch! That girl really needs to be able to sleep through the night again so that we can, too. In fact, she's passed out on the couch as I type, and this is a girl who never naps, so that's saying something. And Hunter, who never really seemed to fully get over the last round, is now snottier and coughier (yes, I made up a word) than ever! And now I am congested.
Tis the season, right? Oh lordy, I'm already so sick of the sickness, and it's only December 4th!
But hey, I have a new kitchen!
It was done just in time for Thanksgiving, which I was hosting, so it was wonderful to use it to cook up my meal and have our families over!
Unfortunately, the kids all got strep throat a few days before Thanksgiving. By the actual day, they were all doing much better. However, Asher started coughing a bunch, and then Ava started coughing....and there was round 2 with a bunch of colds, seemingly only minutes after recovering from round 1! Sheesh, the antibiotics weren't even finished yet!
As of today, Asher has been good for a few days (I did have to take him to the doctor on Monday for a double ear infection - come on!), Ava is finally starting to recover, very slowly. Inch by inch! That girl really needs to be able to sleep through the night again so that we can, too. In fact, she's passed out on the couch as I type, and this is a girl who never naps, so that's saying something. And Hunter, who never really seemed to fully get over the last round, is now snottier and coughier (yes, I made up a word) than ever! And now I am congested.
Tis the season, right? Oh lordy, I'm already so sick of the sickness, and it's only December 4th!
But hey, I have a new kitchen!
| Before |
| After |
No comments:
Post a Comment