In the several years I have had this blog, I have never gone longer than 1-2 months without posting, and clearly it's been much longer than that this time! All I can say is that we moved into a new hosue, life was crazy all summer, and my motivation just never seemed to surface. I kept waiting to be hit with the momentum to sit down and do a post, but....well, I think it just fell way down on my priority list. Life is so busy, and free time is a precious commodity, so there you have it. And after it's been a while, it becomes even harder to get back on the horse again. So much to say! And yet, nothing to say!
To sum up, summer happened, obviously. It was super hot, and it was long and short rolled into one. We've been in our new house for almost 5 months now, and we're really loving it. We're currently about to enter a remodeling phase, in which we are upgrading all cabinets and countertops. I am not looking forward to the chaos that will ensue, but I am really excited for the outcome!
Asher is in 1st grade and is doing great. He's not one who loves school really, but he excels nonetheless, and at his conference last week, his teacher had only glowing things to say about him. He also just wrapped up 4 straight months of soccer, and I am excited to have a break from weeknight practice and Saturday morning games! Woohoo! I love going to his games and watching him play, but it's also nice to get that time back for a little while. Especially since Asher also has another weeknight commitment through our Catholic church called Christian Formation. So many extracurricular activities these days!
Ava is in a dance class now and loves it. It's a combo class of tumbling, ballet, and tap. She's doing awesome and looks forward to it every week. Ava is super sweet to her little brother, Hunter, and I love how well they get along. Ava will start preschool either this coming Spring, or next Fall when she is 4. I haven't decided which yet. I think she will love it whenever she does start. She just loves being around other kids!
Hunter is nearly 14 months old now (how did that happen??), and is walking all over the place and tearing it up! Him starting to walk was a relief so that he could walk around at all of our various activities, since he was desperate to crawl all over the ground before. Of course, as a walker, he is super fast, and it can be tough keeping up with him! But I am soooo relieved to be done with the crawling phase and black knees! Now that our weather has cooled off, the kids want to be outside non-stop, and it's so nice he can walk around and explore it as well. Hunter is the adored one in our house, and every morning, the older two clamor to smother him with hugs and kisses as soon as he wakes up. They are so gentle and loving with him, even though he can get rough and bite and hit. Their love and patience with him couldn't make me any happier!
Back in August, Hunter and Asher had their birthdays (ages 1 and 6), and it was a lot of fun!
Here are some other pictures from the past couple of months.
| Ballet girl |
| Soccer star (in front of our house) |
| Going "swimming" |
| Sitting on a chair looking like a big boy! |
I can't promise that I will be updating regularly on out, but I'll give it a try and do my best!
1 comment:
I so understand, I have also pretty much stopped blogging. I was really only doing it for my grandma for the last little while and now she's on facebook so it's easier to share that way. Not sure what the future of my blog is but I do still enjoy hearing about you guys!
Post a Comment