Life is pretty busy around here, as you can probably guess from my complete lack of blogging! You know, I always prided myself on being a regular blogger, even after Ava was born. Well, I guess my threshold was reached with the third child. But hey, that's life. Busy but great!
There's been a lot going on lately. One of the most exciting is that Asher graduated from Kindergarten this past Thursday! How in the world did that happen?? When I mentally rewind back to August, I remember being hugely pregnant and so nervous as Asher started the year. And now, I have a nearly 9-month-old, a 3-year-old, and a boy who will be 6 soon and starting 1st grade. We honestly couldn't have asked for a better school year (although a liiiiiittle less sickness would have been a-okay!). It's hard to wrap my brain around it all, to be quite honest. It's hard to even remember life before Hunter was part of it, and yet it all feels like yesterday!
I'm so proud of Asher and what a great job he's done this year. I see so many improvements in every area since he started Kindergarten, and his teacher always had only good things to say about him. At home, he can be a huge help and so much fun. He can also be crazy challenging, so this summer shall be interesting!
 |
| The graduate with attitude |
 |
| Asher with his class |
In other news, we are moving in less than two weeks! This has been building up for quite some time, so I'm so excited (and terrified!) that it's finally here. We bought the house at the beginning of February (and closed at the end of March), but we agreed to let the previous owners stay until next weekend because they were building a house. So, it really seems like it's been forever since this process started, and I am SO READY to be moved already. Our downstairs is quickly filling up with boxes, and I just hope we can get it all done in time. Moving with 3 kids, including a baby, is probably one of my least favorite things ever, but once we get in and situated, it will really be worth it. And thank goodness for family to help us out. I've definitely had a lot of sleepless nights thinking about logistics and everything that needs to be done, but we're in the home stretch now, and I can't wait. Our new house is gorgeous and has a great backyard (and one story!), and I love it!
 |
| I'm gonna keep you on your toes, Mommy!! |
And, of course, Hunter had to go and throw me a curve ball and start crawling this weekend! Living in a two story house full of boxes and being in the middle of packing constantly, I would say that Hunter crawling at this particular time is certainly far from ideal....but I also knew it was likely since he is at that age so what can you do. Darn moving timing! And it would also be fitting that even at this age I can tell that Hunter is going to be my baby who is into EVERYTHING way more than my other two were. I am already exhausted trying to keep up with him and keep him out of stuff! Luckily, our gates are still easily accessible, and I put one at the top of the stairs tonight, and thank goodness I did, because he was immediately banging away on that thing. I can see we'll need to be very careful about baby-proofing and keeping doors shut as soon as we move.
I'm so glad we decided to buy a house that doesn't have a pool, because seeing Hunter zip around the house would cause me major anxiety thinking about him being near water, fenced or not. There are so many drownings that happen in Arizona (there was just one last week two miles from us), and kids and water make me super nervous. So, even though the kids would love to have a pool, especially when they're older, we'll make do with the kiddie pool instead (and swimming at my parents' house), which is still a lot of fun.
We're looking forward to a fun (and crazy) summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment