Sunday, December 30, 2012

4 Months Old

At 4 months old, Hunter:
  • Weighs 17 pounds 6 oz (86%) and is 26 inches long (86%). What's funny is that I looked at Asher and Ava's stats at this same age, and Hunter is exactly in the middle of them for weight. Asher was a full pound more, and Ava was a pound less.
  • Loves to be carried around in my Beco baby carrier. I take him grocery shopping and to Target in it, and he is happy as can be or falls asleep. Having a baby carrier is so convenient. I (and baby Asher and Ava) never really liked the Beco until now, so I'm glad I finally got my money's worth after 5 years!
  • Is sleeping in his room, as of a few weeks ago. It's always an adjustment at first to no longer have your baby right next to you in your room, but the transition was pretty seamless once I figured out how to finagle the baby monitor situation since I still have one in Ava's room, too. I just moved the bassinet out of my room today finally, and it's great to have more space. 
  • Is sleeping both great and awful. Hunter has been such an awesome sleeper for so long, but the past few nights have been unusually rough, so I'm just crossing my finger it's temporary (please)! Before this "blip," he was sleeping usually from 7-8pm until 3-5am, which is pretty fantastic as far as I'm concerned! I remember hearing about sleep regressions with my other two kids, but I honestly couldn't differentiate between normal sleep and regressed sleep because there just wasn't much sleep to be had no matter what!
  •  Loves to suck on his fingers! He can be found with his fingers in his mouth day or night, and I love that he's found something to soothe himself.
Mmm tasty!
  • Thinks his brother and sister are the coolest. He loves to watch them play or when they sit and talk or play with him. And they sure love him right back! He also loves to be propped up on the couch like he's sitting up so he can watch everything going on around him. Hunter has started using the Bumbo, and it's a hit!
  • Is still being swaddled at night, although he breaks out of it to suck on his fingers, but I still feel like he sleeps better with it than without, so I'm sticking with it as long as I can! 
  • Has started playing with toys more. It's fun to watch him reach up and play with the toys on his activity mat or bouncy chair. Even the third time around, it's always special to watch as your baby starts to interact more with the world around him! Hunter is just a happy baby overall. He is quick to smile (although not always for the camera, of course) and so enjoyable to be around. That doesn't mean he doesn't like to prevent me from doing the things I need to do (hold me!), but at least I have a cute face to look at when I can't take care of other business.

All bundled up for his first Zoo Lights
One of my favorite things to do with Hunter is to snuggle him when he's sleeping. Although I don't get to do this nearly as much as I would like, it's so precious to me, and I soak it in as much as possible because I know how truly fleeting his babyhood is. I will blink, and he will suddenly be a toddler! And then a preschooler!

Stop growing up so fast, sweet boy!

3 comments:

Elizabeth J. (Ibby) Grace said...

Random clicked on this from "next blog" on from blog called tinygracenotes... your kids are so adorable!

Jennifer said...

Awww I loved reading this. I'm counting the weeks till I get to finally meet this precious little guy!!! <3

hermes handbags said...

Thanks for proving such a type of information.