Hunter is 4 weeks old! Where has September gone? He is a big boy already, I can't believe how much heavier he is from a couple weeks ago. I'm not sure of his weight, but I think he's about 10-11 pounds. And hard to believe that a month ago I was still pregnant! I've loved every minute of NOT being pregnant since then, it must be said. And I'm within 5 pounds of my pre-pregnancy weight and back into my regular clothes for the most part - don't hate, it's just good genes! I still would love to lose some more weight beyond that, though.
Everything is going pretty well around here. Nursing is going great, and Hunter is a great eater. We've gotten to the point where nursing is easy, which is a place you long for during those first couple weeks when the baby is still learning to latch, and it hurts so much. This time around has actually been the easiest so far. The soreness never got as bad as it did previously, and I am SO glad about that.
| Hunter with his cousin, Pippa, who is 2 months older than him |
| Is there room for 3 on this thing? Apparently so! |
What I feel a lot of in general is peace. Not peace in my house because OH NO, there is not a lot of that going on! But peace in my heart about the fact that our third wonderful baby has arrived, and we are chugging along, through the crazy times no less, and I am DOING it finally rather than wondering endlessly if I could do it and how things would shake out. I am just so happy that Hunter is here and our family is complete, and now we can move forward. Onwards and upwards!
And I try to focus on that and not focus on the other stuff, such as the fact that our house is still on the market, or the fact that once again, there is absolute nonsense going on at Eric's work that has made his stress level double overnight, or trying to figure out where Asher will go to school next year (love his current school but so expensive), or thinking further down the road at all the different intervals of what having three kids will mean (three kids doing homework and playing sports? Ack!) and how busy we will be for basically all of eternity! I wouldn't trade it for the world though.
We'll figure all that out in time. For now, I'm gonna snuggle my boy!
1 comment:
Ahhh the peaceful feeling when you know your family is complete! I am glad you are feeling that way, congratulations again!
Post a Comment