I have several unfinished posts that have been collecting over the past few months. But somehow, I can never seem to get around to finishing them and making them acceptable to post. So, here is just a brief version of some of the things going on around here lately:
* Asher starts preschool in a month! I am very nervous, particularly about the whole food allergy situation. There is also the worry about whether or not Asher will adjust quickly to this totally brand-new phase of life. In my heart of hearts, I do feel like he will ultimately love the change of pace and all that comes with it. The school itself is everything I wanted - good program, good people, nearby, and seemingly capable of dealing with allergies. Hoping for the best on this one!
* In two weeks, Ava has to return to the doctor not only for a weight check but also to check her language skills. Yes, we are here once again. I really did not expect for her to have speech delays since she's a girl, but what can I say, I make allergic children who don't want to talk when they're one! She babbles all the time but doesn't have enough words, so the pediatrician wants her to come back 6 weeks after her 15-month checkup to have this evaluated and to discuss speech therapy. After going through this with Asher and him having been deemed fine and now having him talk perfectly (and non-stop!), I am 99% sure that Ava is also fine and am not worried. More than anything, this is an inconvenience, and we'll see how I feel about what the doctor says.
* Asher has been having an ongoing health issue since January. I haven't discussed this on here yet but would rather devote a separate post to it. It's potentially very serious or could ultimately end up being okay. It's been pretty scary the past few months to be in limbo (and to continue to be in limbo), and we will not have any answers in the near future. It is all very frustrating to say the least. More to come on this.
* Eric took a week of vacation a couple weeks ago, and he got a nasty cold in the middle of it. Then, just as he returned to work, like dominoes, Asher came down with it. And now, he is finally doing better, and Ava and I are in the throes of the nastiness. Poor Ava has been hacking up a lung non-stop tonight. Not only do I just hate colds period, but I hate how looooong they take to run their course and to finally leave the house!
* I have never really been into soccer, but I have totally gotten sucked into the Woman's World Cup! The last couple of games have been very exciting, and I am so impressed by our team. The final is this Sunday, and I'll definitely be watching.
* It is July, and it is hot (and muggy some days)! But surprisingly, not epically hot as it was in June, believe it or not. I try to not think about the glorious Colorado summers that we left behind (snow! focus on the snow!). We are surviving our first summer back in Arizona! And only 3 more months to go...
Okay, I'm sweating and coughing, so I'm going to wrap this up. That's about it around here!
* In two weeks, Ava has to return to the doctor not only for a weight check but also to check her language skills. Yes, we are here once again. I really did not expect for her to have speech delays since she's a girl, but what can I say, I make allergic children who don't want to talk when they're one! She babbles all the time but doesn't have enough words, so the pediatrician wants her to come back 6 weeks after her 15-month checkup to have this evaluated and to discuss speech therapy. After going through this with Asher and him having been deemed fine and now having him talk perfectly (and non-stop!), I am 99% sure that Ava is also fine and am not worried. More than anything, this is an inconvenience, and we'll see how I feel about what the doctor says.
* Asher has been having an ongoing health issue since January. I haven't discussed this on here yet but would rather devote a separate post to it. It's potentially very serious or could ultimately end up being okay. It's been pretty scary the past few months to be in limbo (and to continue to be in limbo), and we will not have any answers in the near future. It is all very frustrating to say the least. More to come on this.
* Eric took a week of vacation a couple weeks ago, and he got a nasty cold in the middle of it. Then, just as he returned to work, like dominoes, Asher came down with it. And now, he is finally doing better, and Ava and I are in the throes of the nastiness. Poor Ava has been hacking up a lung non-stop tonight. Not only do I just hate colds period, but I hate how looooong they take to run their course and to finally leave the house!
* I have never really been into soccer, but I have totally gotten sucked into the Woman's World Cup! The last couple of games have been very exciting, and I am so impressed by our team. The final is this Sunday, and I'll definitely be watching.
* It is July, and it is hot (and muggy some days)! But surprisingly, not epically hot as it was in June, believe it or not. I try to not think about the glorious Colorado summers that we left behind (snow! focus on the snow!). We are surviving our first summer back in Arizona! And only 3 more months to go...
Okay, I'm sweating and coughing, so I'm going to wrap this up. That's about it around here!
3 comments:
I know sometimes life gets away from you and its hard to post.
I really hope everything is okay with Asher. Some children develop at different stages, I'm sure Ava will start babbling away in no time.
You have a lot on your plate right now! Hoping that all is well with Asher and Miss Ava starts chattering away soon!
I've been meaning to ask you about Asher, I'm sorry, totally wrapped up in my own little world. :(
As for the speech, I guess I forgot they're supposed to have a lot of words so early? Jack doesn't say anything except hi and dada and even those are inconsistent and more babble than actual words. He doesn't walk or even try to walk and can't balance on two feet at all. Kids have their own way. I know everyone says it, but give it time. She seems so young to worry yet and she's so active in other ways. I guess I'm a little more laid back having had a kid with a major delay and seeing how she turned out just fine given the time to come into it on her own. (Plus I've forgotten what all the milestones are supposed to be, doh! Ignorance is bliss, I guess.)
Ava is perfect, I know it'll be okay. *hug* And Asher, too. Just hang in there. I'm sending peaceful waves right atcha!
Post a Comment