Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July

I have no festive pictures of my kids dressed up for the holiday. We didn't watch fireworks tonight (unless you count 5 minutes on TV), nor did we do anything special.

But we did watch the Hot Dog Eating Contest today, which managed to be both very impressive and ridiculously gross rolled into one. And then we did have hot dogs for dinner (while trying to erase earlier images), followed by a rerun of How I Met Your Mother (one of my favorite shows ever), so I guess you don't get much more American than that. And we did spend the whole day together doing stuff around the house (i.e. Eric mowed the grass, and we both played soccer with Asher).

Despite my lack of festivities, I do love this country, and I am proud to be an American. Home of the free and the brave. God bless the USA!

Happy Independence Day!

1 comment:

Sherms said...

It sounds like a chilled 4th of July. Can I just say, Hotdogs are the best! I could eat them every day. Of course the hotdogs we get in England are not nearly as good as in the US. I'm cetain when I love I'll gain 20lbs in the first few months. And secondly, How I Met Your Mother is Legend...wait for it and I hope you're not lactose intolerant because the second word is...dairy! I just love that show, Barney esp! xx

http://shermsinthemiddle.blogspot.com/