Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Lucky Number 7

A certain baby girl is 7 months old today!At 7 Months, Ava...

*Can sit up really well, although I still put something behind because she does still lose her balance sometimes.

*Eats some solids but not too many. She had been doing really great and eating like a champ, but one day I gave her rice cereal, and a couple hours later she started vomiting continuously for several hours. It was so heartbreaking. At the time, it never crossed my mind that it was the cereal that was bothering her (I thought it was something I had eaten or else she had a little bug). So, I kept her off solids for several days, and then I gave her rice cereal again. It was even worse this time, and after emptying her stomach, she was vomiting bile for 3 hours straight, often every 5 minutes or less. We were very close to taking her to the ER, but she finally slowed down. She was just laying on me in between episodes, thoroughly and utterly exhausted. Since then, I've backed off of everything just to be safe (and threw the cereal in the trash), and she seems more hesitant now. and not as interested. Poor thing! I've never seen vomiting like that, and I hope to never see it again.
*Has many nights where she has a 6-7 hour stretch of sleeping! Those are super fantastic nights. But she also likes to keep me on my toes and then have several nights of waking up ALL the time (we're in the middle of this right now)! Geez girl, just suck on that thumb why don't you!!

*Is wearing some 12 month clothes (they honestly seem really small in their sizing to me!) but mostly 9 months and some 6 month stuff. *Loves to put everything in her mouth. No sign of teeth yet, but I'm sure they'll be here in the next couple of months. She has all the signs of teething going on right now though.

*Loves to be held by Mommy. She can be hanging out with Eric or anyone else for a long time and be perfectly fine, but the second she sees me, she starts crying. She's started holding her arms out to me a little bit, and it is so cute and sweet and melts my heart.

*Enjoys riding in my Beco baby carrier because she is close to me and also gets to check out everything.

*Is mostly just a calm, easygoing, and delightful baby, and I thank my lucky stars for that! Especially since a certain older brother has been a little bit challenging lately.

*Goes to bed at the same time every night like clockwork. She falls asleep while nursing, and then I lay her down. She often then sticks her thumb in her mouth at that point. Gotta love that thumb!

*Usually wakes up about 6 or 6:30am. Too early! But that's the price you pay I suppose for a wonderfully early bedtime!

*Has beautiful skin!!! She is looking AMAZING! She still gets red patches, and her hot spots (inside knees and elbows) are always a touch pink and do flare occasionally, but overall she is looking better than ever before!
*Is both loved and abused by her brother. Asher loves to "discipline" Ava (for what, I have no idea) and speak loudly to her and tell her to be a good girl. He also has taken to lightly hitting her if he is mad at us. This drives me crazy, and we are doing my best to remedy this behavior. Sorry, girl! But, at least he is still affectionate and makes her laugh. Oh my boy!

*Does a lot of babbling and makes all sorts of noises. She already has quite a personality!

And that's my girl! :)

3 comments:

alison said...

Love her headband and shoes! And I totally agree her skin looks fantastic.

I can't believe she might be allergic to rice cereal. That is so crazy!

Jennifer said...

Ooooooo I just love that little girl!!!! She is just so precious and beautiful and oooooo just so squishy! I can't wait to get my hands on her next week. I miss you guys so much!

Jen said...

She is a gorgeous little 7 month old. Looking at her photos makes me miss the baby stage!!!!