
I can hardly believe that Ava is 4 months old, and I know I say that with every month that passes. It seems like she is always changing and growing. A few weeks ago, Ava rolled over for the first time, and then she did it several more times right away, but she hasn't done it again in a while. She is getting so much stronger now, and last week I brought out the Bumbo to see if she was ready for it, and indeed she was. She very much enjoys being able to watch the action, so to speak. She loves to watch Asher play with his toys, and she is almost giddy when he talks to her and plays with her.


Ava's sleeping has totally gone to the pooper over the past month. Not that it was ever really great, but it had gotten much worse recently. She also started to gnaw on anything she could get her little hands on. If my hand was anywhere near her mouth, she would shove it in and bite it like she was trying to eat it for dinner. I mean, the girl can chomp, let me tell you. She also started to drool like nobody's business. As much as I've been trying to deny it, I really think we've got some teething going on already. I highly doubt we'll actually see any teeth for a while, but I think something's moving around in those gums that is making her really uncomfortable. It seems to have gotten a little better lately, and her sleeping has improved a little, so hopefully she'll have a break for a bit!


Ava is still sleeping in a crib in our room (although she usually ends up in our bed at some point in the wee morning hours). Let me tell you that having a crib in our room is the best thing ever! I don't have to worry about her outgrowing it, and then when we do transition her to her own room, she'll already be used to sleeping in a crib. Since we'll be moving in a little over a month (!!!) and since her sleeping has not been so great anyway, I'm going to wait until we get into our new house to transition her to her own room. I am both excited and nervous about it, but I think it will go well. Mostly I'm just beyond thrilled that the kids' rooms will be close to ours, which is my biggest complaint about our current house. But I have to say that I love having my baby close to me right now. If I freak out about whether or not she's okay, she's right there for me to check on. If she makes a funny noise and I'm not sure if she's awake or not, I can easily peek in without having to walk anywhere. It's worked out well for me to say the least.

I can't wait to see how much Ava weighs or how long she is. Unfortunately, our pediatrician is so busy that her 4 month visit won't be until August 6th, so I have almost another month to wait! Ava continues to be a chunker (as evidenced by all the double chins in these pictures!), and I just love her rolls and chipmunk cheeks. And just last week she discovered her toes!


Happy 4 months, Miss Ava!
2 comments:
April did the same thing with rolling over. Did it a few times and then kept it under wraps for several weeks. She is getting so big! I am curios what she weighs!
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I miss her!!!!! I can't believe she's 4 months - seems just like yesterday I was snuggling her in your hospital room! The Phoenix move can't come quick enough so I can road trip to see you guys!!!!! Please give the kids a hug from us!
Post a Comment