Do you ever have those moments where you and your spouse are just on totally different wavelengths? In my last few weeks of pregnancy, Eric and I just not on the same page most of the time. For some reason, we just couldn't get along for any length of time and ended up bickering almost constantly. I started to wonder about how life was going to be with the added stress of having two children if we were already at each other's throats?Fortunately, everything has exceeded my expectations. When I was in labor, Eric was right there with me, so supportive and encouraging. And after Ava was born, he was awesome. He knew that I was stressed about being away from Asher and worrying about how he would do without me. Eric totally took over everything in terms of Asher's care, and I felt so relaxed knowing that he was in charge and that Asher was just fine. Eric balanced everything so beautifully!
When we got home from the hospital, Eric was so fantastic about tending to Asher, keeping up with the house stuff, and doing the grocery shopping. He made sure that I got rest, and he never made it seem like taking on more stuff was a burden. It made my life so much easier!
And since then, Eric jumps right in when he gets home from work. He almost always insists that I eat dinner first (it seems like half the time, Ava decides she is unhappy right as we sit down!). When we put her to bed, he's right there with me, taking turns bouncing her. I can also see that he has so much more confidence in himself and his abilities than he did when Asher was a baby. He is such a great dad.
And I have to say that we have been getting along great despite my earlier worries. Sure, there are those normal moments of arguing here and there, but they are small and don't last. And yes, sometimes (often), I feel like I live in a zoo. But, I have been pleasantly surprised by how well we have adapted to the increased chaos in our house. It's all about the teamwork these days.Happy Father's Day to the wonderful father of my children!

No comments:
Post a Comment