Sunday, December 13, 2009

Santa Baby

Last year, I really wanted Asher to get a picture with Santa Claus. We didn't have a lot of success with this but finally managed to get one of him not crying when I finally figured out that holding Asher and sitting myself next to Santa was the answer.

This year, it wasn't a big goal of mine, but we decided to try nonetheless. Asher has been much more into Santa in general this year and will point him out wherever he sees him. However, I still anticipated that he wouldn't be quite ready to actually sit on Santa's lap, and I was right about that. He was much more curious about him though and kept staring quizzically at Santa in the flesh. I guess that's better than screaming!

So, once again, it was me, Asher, and Santa (a nearly identical picture to last year's):
I was feeling really squished here, and I didn't understand why the big guy couldn't move over an inch!

But this whole trip was really a lot of fun. We didn't have to wait in a long line (they now give you a paper with a time to return, and then you only have to wait about another 15-20 minutes after that, and Asher did a great job of waiting). And then we did some shopping, enjoyed a delicious lunch, and then came home and relaxed. It was a great, fun day!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Cute!!!! There's always next year and maybe he'll wanna sit on his lap then!

I <3 The Grand Lux. YUUUUUUUUUUM!!!!