Last Sunday Eric and I purchased our respective Father's Day presents, and then I wrapped them and mailed them. This evening, while Eric was away working, his dad called to thank us for the gift. And, for the life of me, I could not remember what we had gotten him! At all. Completely blank. So, as he kept going on about how much he really loved it, I so wanted to interject why we thought he would like it or something personal about the gift, but I couldn't say a thing! And I was so busy concentrating and trying to remember that I think all I uttered was, "oh! good!" Totally retarded. As though I had nothing to do with the gift itself, when actually it was all my idea. You would have thought we had purchased this gift months ago rather than just 5 days. What a statement about my memory! About 30 minutes after I got off the phone, I finally remembered. By the way, if you're curious, we got him a dvd (don't ask me which one!) and a framed picture of Asher and his daddy. Now, what was I saying?
2 comments:
I think it's funny that my MIL will call and start talking to me about something she's told my husband (that he obviously was supposed to tell me but didn't), and I just have to sit there going "hunh huh, yep, right." while trying wildly to remember if he's ever mentioned anything to me. I'm surprised she hasn't said something to him about me getting checked for ADD...of course, though, he never tells me anything...
I hate that feeling! I always do that with people's names. I know them, but when I am pressed to introduce them to someone else I panic and can't remember. Gah!
Post a Comment