Thursday, June 19, 2008

Reality TV Junkie

My name is Lea, and I am addicted to reality television. And because of this, I am in love with my DVR because I can record all of my many shows to my heart's content and watch them at my leisure. I thought I'd take a moment to share some of my faves that I'm watching (or watched):

1. Flipping Out: I have to say that I LOVE THIS SHOW! I watched the first season last summer, and I am totally addicted. I think Jeff Lewis is absolutely hilarious, and I love watching his OCD in action. I can appreciate his attention to detail. And I think his assistant, Jenni, is just awesome (doesn't she remind you of Elaine from Seinfeld??). I have waited a long time for Season 2 and am lovin' it!


2. Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List: I have watched this since the first season as well and although Kathy can certainly be crass, I love her sense of humor. She cracks me up! I had thought her ex-husband was great and was so sad that he ripped her off and broke her heart. The only thing I don't get is why the heck she is dating Steve Wozniak? Is this a joke? Sure, he's a multi-millionaire because he co-founded Apple computers, but come on, Kathy! Have some A-List taste! Might be a nice guy, but he's a little, shall we say NERDY!



3. Top Chef: As you can see, I'm a big fan of Bravo! This show just wrapped up last week, and I was so glad that Stephanie won!

4. The Real Housewives of NYC: The season is over, but I really got into this. I also watched the Real Housewives of Orange County, but it was nice to have a change of pace to seem how the really wealthy live in New York. Very well it turns out.

5. Project Runway: This returns in July, and I can't wait! I don't know why, but there's something so entertaining about watching a bunch of gay guys and women put together some crazy outfits in a ridiculously short span of time. Plus, Tim Gunn is a hoot, and I love Heidi Klum's accent! Make it work, people!

6. Work Out: What can I say? The beautiful people, the beautiful people... The drinking and the debauchery that follows is reminiscent of working in a restaurant, except that all of these people are really buff and gorgeous.



And these last two, well, I'm a little ashamed...

7. Denise Richards It's Complicated: Okay, so I am interested in the lives of celebrities sometimes. And I was curious, so I watched. And now I really like it!

8. Living Lohan: Another move on my curiosity's part. And I have to say that I'm really not feeling it so far. This show needs some Lindsay for sure. Watching a show about a 14-year-old white girl (Ali) who wants to make a hip hop record is just sad and pathetic. And knowing the path that her sister went down, I just want to shake her and say, "You're 14! Stop putting on so much makeup and acting like a 25 year old! Just be a kid!" The show is mildly entertaining, so I confess that I continue to watch, but I'm starting to care less and less.

So there you have it, folks. If there's a reality show out there, chances are I'm watching it. Unless it's Tila Tequila. I draw the line there. Come on, don't you think I have some scruples?

3 comments:

Alison said...

I love that your limit is Telia Tequila. Colin will not allow me to watch that show either. He also gets mad if he sees me watching The Bachelor!

katina said...

man, i have not seen any of those shows...but then, I don't have cable. So, I end up watching "hell's kitchen", "so you think you can dance" "the amazing race" and "survivor" we've also been watching "the mole" off and on.

Jennifer said...

Feel no guilt. I watch most of those myself. I really hope they come back with more Real Housewives of NYC - I really loved that one. I keep meaning to add Kathy Griffin's show to my DVR but keep forgetting. I have so much junk on my DVR that I never have time to watch. Oh well! Brad cringes when he looks through the list...