Oh my blog, I have neglected thee. It's definitely hard to find the time to stop by here and write, especially since a certain baby has decided that going to bed at a decent hour is just the most ridiculous thing ever! Luckily, he's a good sleeper overall and pretty darn cute, so I can look past this...mostly.
I haven't really given an update on Asher lately, and a lot has happened over the past few months! Asher is doing awesome. He is really enjoying Kindergarten and has come so far since August. He is happy to go to school in the morning and loves his teacher and classmates. I can't even believe the difference in his handwriting and drawing since he started! It's night and day already. He will guess at spelling words he doesn't know and actually does a really good job, and he knows how to spell many words already. Asher has also started reading and can read bits and pieces here and there, and I see so much progress in this area. It's amazing how they learn this stuff seemingly overnight!
He also really excels in the math department. I noticed last year that he was suddenly adding and subtracting like nobody's business. And I'm talking about how one day he said that 39 minus 30 was 9, for example, and he said it out of the blue and with just about any numbers. And he'll do this with time and dates, faster than I can! When we play the game Sorry, he can tell right away how many spots away he is from home without me even seeing him count it out. Asher definitely has a math brain!
And at home, Asher is more mellow than he used to be. That's not to say that he's not as intense, because he does have an intense personality. But he's a big helper with Hunter and can be quite enjoyable to be around a lot of the time. There's definitely still whining and tantrums, but compared to a year ago? SO much better. Praise the lord. Seriously.
At Asher's first parent/teacher conference, his teacher had only great things to say about him - listens so well, very focused, meeting or exceeding expectations in all areas. Even though we don't always get that good listening/behavior at home, it's great to know he does it in school! It's also a relief to know that it seems that having him start Kindergarten this year was the right decision, even though he's the youngest in his class.
And Asher's love of sports continues also. We signed him up to play Basketball starting next month, and he is so excited! We took a couple of months off from sports,so he's really ready to get back into playing. And he continues to love watching all sports all the time - football, basketball, etc. Even when Eric isn't home, I often get stuck with sports on when Asher incessantly nags me to watch it! Ridiculous.
Asher is great with Hunter and absolutely adores him. I know that Hunter is going to really worship his big brother (and his sister also)!
1 comment:
Blog neglect or not, I love getting all the pictures on FB. Asher LOOKS so much older, too. I especially love how much alike they all look, just a perfect mix and you and Eric. Miss you, Lea!
Post a Comment