As has become usual of late, I am so behind on blogging. I can hardly believe I used to post weekly! I always have the intention to sit down and do an update, but then it just doesn't happen. There are so many things I have wanted to write about but haven't, including the fact that Ava turned two last week! When Asher turned two, you can bet that not only did I have a birthday post ready to go, but it also came complete with a slideshow put to music of the past year. Those days were indeed much simpler, ha.
But better late than never, right? I had intentions of getting several pictures of Ava at her party, but between the fact that this girl does not like to have her picture taken and the chaos that comes with hosting a party, I only got a precious few, and she refused to smile in any of them. But that's okay because she's cute even without a smile.
| The kids playing with a new toy |
| Looking dubious while everyone sings her happy birthday |
| New outfit from my mom (headband from Aunt Nikki) - such a cutie! |
The party was really a lot of fun. The food turned out well, and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, and it was really a great time. That was the first day where I felt like I just ate and ate....and ate! And that's when it hit me that, hey, I like food again! And I feel good! Which worked out well since I had an ob appointment the next day and was told that I need to eat because I had yet to gain some weight. No worries, I think I've already resolved that problem in the past week! But seriously, I'm sure this will be the last time in my life when I am told that I NEED to eat more, and who doesn't want to hear that, am I right? Yes, please. Let me enjoy this last hurrah before I struggle for the rest of my life to maintain a good weight!
But anyway, back to Ava turning two. It's so surreal for me to say that I have an honest to goodness two-year-old now and that my "little baby" will be a big sister in just a few months. Weirdness. Even though Ava has hit that dreaded terrible two stage in terms of frequent meltdowns that seem to last forever and being fiercely independent and demanding, she also has that delightful toddler charm that just wins you over every time. She is so cute and is always doing adorable things and gives the sweetest kisses!
| Picture courtesy of Asher |
| Each wearing party of Asher's Woody costume from forever ago - clearly it fits Ava better than Asher! |
(The above pictures were taken in the past couple weeks when I realized that I had taken like a total of three pictures for the year, which is unheard of for me, and I had to remedy that right away!)
Ava continues to worship her big brother and must do everything he does, but when he is mean or annoys her, she is no stranger to giving him the cold shoulder or holding up her hand to his face to ward him off. Even that is cute though. And good for her for sticking up for herself!
Ava is still in speech therapy, and she is doing really well. She is still slow to getting where she needs to be, but she's making progress. For me, the best part about her going is that I feel reassured knowing that we're being proactive and that I am less worried about wondering if she even has the ability to talk. She has added a few words, and she also uses a few signs, too. I feel more comfortable that she'll get where she needs to be eventually, and I'm proud of her for working hard on gaining new words. She is so smart and shows us this in many other ways, and I'm sure the next year will bring us a babbling little girl.
Life with Ava continues to be both delightful and challenging, as it is with a two-year-old, but really, she's overall a pretty easygoing girl, which I am grateful for! Ava loves babies so much, and I hope that translates when a new one enters our house - only time will tell on that one!
Happy Birthday to my sweet Ava!
1 comment:
Maybe Asher is a future photographer, he took a great picture showing Ava's pretty eyes! Happy Birthday Ava!
Post a Comment