Oops, guess I haven't blogged in a while, have I? I feel like I've been so busy lately with just "stuff," and for the past week, I've been down with a nasty cold that doesn't seem to want to go anywhere. I've been coughing round the clock, and my head hurts and my stomach is so sore from it all. Just hoping to get a break from all this nonsense and feel better soon.
A week ago, I had my 32nd birthday. The funny thing about it was that Asher was really filled with anticipation of both my "party" (just the family getting together), and for my actual birthday. He started counting down the days for both about two weeks prior, and everyday he'd give me an update. When my party day actually arrived, Asher looked at the present pile and said, "Oh Mommy, you aren't getting very many presents!" When you're 32, the present count is significantly less than when you're 4. Of course, Asher doesn't understand yet how presents could possibly NOT be the most important part of your birthday, but he still enjoyed opening them with me anyway. And I got some really great gifts I have to say. I loved all of them!
All I have to say about turning 32 is that I guess I don't have many feelings about it. 30 and 31 felt a little traumatic for me, and while I don't truly love turning another year older, it didn't affect me much this year. I think the most enjoyable part of a birthday is getting the sweet cards and messages from friends and family. I actually had a rough actual birthday because I wasn't feeling good, and Asher was having one of those days, but my party day was lots of fun. I so relish being able to be here for all the family gatherings for birthdays and eating delicious food. My mom made a yummy lunch, and my sister-in-law baked two awesome blueberry pies. A good day indeed. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment