BUT, this is a new week, and with it came October 31st, and you know what? I love me some Halloween. I love haunted houses, decorations, scary movies (well, I used to in a former before children life), and Halloween episodes of TV shows. I can't wait until our kids our old enough for me to take them to their first haunted house and curl up on the couch to watch a scary movie. Hopefully they will enjoy them like I do.
But, for now, the main excitement for Asher is, of course, CANDY. In fact, he woke up at 5am yesterday because he was so excited to go trick or treating. Despite his anticipation, I steeled myself because lately (or always...maybe I delude myself into thinking this isn't always the case), their enjoyment level is totally unpredictable. We took them to a pumpkin patch a couple weeks in an attempt to do something as a family that we thought would be fun for them...but it went over like lead paint.
So, when it was time to get costumes on and Asher wanted nothing to do with it, I merely shrugged and thought "par for the course" and didn't even give it a second thought. However, he changed his mind after a little bit, and soon he and Ava were all decked out and even wearing their respective head gear. Whoa, so much more than I could have asked for!
| Look, Mommy! I'm even wearing my antenna! |
And Asher was Darth Vader. As a sidenote, his choice of Darth Vader was out of left field. He is a big superhero fan and has never even watched Star Wars, but like I said, he's unpredictable, so there you go!
| Darth and Miss Bug |
| Off we go! |
I'm sure that if Asher wasn't there to show her the ropes, Ava would have been totally confused and maybe even scared by the whole idea of trick or treating. However, after one house she quickly got into it way more than I ever expected. She loved to pick her own candy and put it in her bucket, and then she happily waved good-bye. She was being quite a charmer! Her bucket was getting pretty heavy, but she wanted no help whatsoever! At the end, she was practically falling over from carrying a full bucket, and we had done a lot of walking, so I figured she'd be wiped out. But still, when we arrived home, she screamed for a long time because she did not want to go inside. This girl is too much.
| Trick or Treat! |
And Asher didn't even mind when I switched out some of his candy for ones he could eat. It was the most fun Halloween yet!
2 comments:
Lily went to every house and told them "my sister doesn't know how to trick-or-treat, she's never done this before." Big siblings! So glad your week is looking up!
Post a Comment