Asher absolutely adores his daddy, and he idolizes him and wants to do everything just like him. If Eric likes something, then Asher likes it, too. Eric's big dream is for Asher to play for the University of Arizona Wildcats basketball team and take them to a championship (no pressure, son!), and Asher gets excited along with him and will say, "There's my coach, Sean Miller!" when he sees him on TV.
And now, Asher and Eric now have to dress alike because Asher decided out of the blue that they had to match. So, now all of Asher's clothing choices are based around Eric's wardrobe. If Asher is going to wear a red shirt, will Daddy wear a red shirt when he gets home? And it's now extended into shorts as well. The other day, Asher was wearing a gray pair of shorts, and when Eric got home and changed and came down the stairs wearing khaki shorts (only to find out that all of Asher's khaki shorts were dirty, and Eric didn't have the same kind of shorts as Asher), Asher took off his shorts in protest and was walking around in his underwear for a couple hours! And Asher has some really cute shirts that he will never wear because Daddy doesn't have a shirt in the same color! I guess I should be happy that at least it doesn't have to be the exact same shirt and shorts, just the same general color scheme.
Eric even recently bought a few new additions to his wardrobe, and I was laughing because they were things he would never, ever normally buy, like a Yoohoo shirt and plaid shorts (they aren't hideous but just aren't Eric's usual style). Here are some photos of the two matching guys:
So, now I really need to buy Eric some green plaid shorts and some striped shirts to expand their horizons! I'm sure he'd just love those for Father's Day. :)
2 comments:
Those shorts are so cute! And... "There's my coach!" I laughed out loud. How lucky your boy is to have such a good daddy to idolize!
They look so cute together. I think its normal for a boy to look up to his daddy and want to be like him. I can understand how frustrating it might be when you're in a hurry though! And I think it's better than going through a spiderman or Buzz Lightyear phase, less expensive for certain! xx
http://shermsinthemiddle.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment