*Eric and I watched Inception on DVD this weekend (loved it!), which is the first movie we've watched together in a looooong time! It felt great to watch a bit of the Oscars tonight and to actually know what two of the movies were about since I watched The Social Network on my own (plus Toy Story 3 with the family, of course). I really want to see some of the other nominated movies, such as True Grit, The King's Speech, and The Fighter, and maybe we'll get through them before next year!
* Over the past couple of months, I've been focusing on trying to find the right preschool fit for Asher for next year. The NUMBER ONE priority is that I need to find a place that can handle the food allergy situation. This means understanding how food allergies work and how important it is to keep his food separate from others, as well as being willing and capable to administer Children's Benadryl if need be, or worst case scenario, an Epi-Pen. This has, by far, been the hardest part of it. It is just so important because it is a potentially life-threatening situation, and we've seen firsthand, on more than one occasion, how he can go from being perfectly fine, to breaking out in hives and heading toward anaphylactic shock. Scary stuff! For this reason, I also want to find a program where I can just have him go a couple mornings a week and not be served breakfast or lunch, just a snack that he can bring from home. And even then, there's no guarantee something won't happen. But I'm doing everything I can to minimize the risk, and eventually I just tell myself it will be okay one way or another. I have found one really good school that is very expensive, but if we have to do it, then it's worth it. But I'm still checking out other options. Wish us luck!
* Even though I DREAD the Arizona summer more than I can describe, I am actually looking forward to warmer weather just so we can hopefully get this house healthy for longer than two weeks at a time! If I had my pick, though, we would have many more chilly and stormy days ahead of us! But we've really had a beautiful, perfect winter, so I can't complain.
* Party planning! Ava's party (and birthday!) is two weeks from today, and it's going to be a ladybug theme. I've also been working on a photo montage of her first year (and tearing up over looking at her newborn pictures!).
* Drooling over little girl clothes. Since warm weather is right around the corner, I've been looking at clothes for the kids, and I can't get over how many cute girl clothes there are to choose from! And also, how I feel like it gets harder to find cute clothes for Asher the older he gets!
* Looking forward to April 11 because that's when Eric's new co-worker starts! Things have been so crazy for him lately, so it will be a huge help for him. He will still only have two weekends off a month, but at least they can work out their own schedule together. And then he's planning on taking a week off later in the month, which will be really great for him.
And that's the latest around here!
3 comments:
Hey! You might want to check out North Phoenix Baptist Church Preschool. My kids have gone there since Josh was 10 weeks old. There is a little boy in Ben's class with a pretty severe peanut allergy. If any of the other kids lunches contain peanut butter they make sure to keep him at another peanut free table, and they always send home a reminder to bring peanut free items if they are ever doing any activities where kids bring foods to share. I know they can administer an epi-pen, not sure about benedryl, but they say they can administer life sustaining medications, so they might be able to. They offer part time (up to 4 1/2 hours a day and/or 2-3 times a week) and it's really affordable compared to other schools. Only problem is I know it's not super close to you (Central and Bethany Home). But just thought I would mention it. They also have an AMAZING kindergarten program (Josh as 7 kids in his class - Lots of 1 on 1 attention and they do some pretty amazing stuff).
I know this school issue is tough, but I guess it's something you'll have to start dealing with sooner or later so I'm proud of you for tackling this. Good luck with the search!
I know the search is tough and adding in all the other factors is really mind boggling. I hope one shines through soon so you clearly know when you find "the one".
Post a Comment